Popular Tags: [View All]
Kin Hassar
France
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I bought the French edition of the game last week and played a couple of games. While playing I found weird that only the Prussian army can be set inactive. But when I checked the image section here on the geek I discovered that while the French card 45 states: "If the Prussian army is in space 5, turn it facedown..." the English card talks about the Austrian Army.

My questions:
A/ Is card 40 in English Edition referring to Prussian army?
B/ Are Austria and Prussia the only armies that can be set inactive?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok my despair is growing as I realized that the French Edition might not be the same game:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...sure looks like the two cards are quite different! Maybe you have an older version of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there multiple English Editions?
I thought there was only one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolphe Duhil
France
Rambouillet
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's only one English edition.

The Political activities on the English card No. 45 is the same as on the French card No. 45: Republic (+/-)2 with 3 lines about the position of the Austrian army. The image posted was a work in progress.

The Social activities on the image posted are correct: the Austrian army is Inactive if in its 5 space. It makes sense as the card is about the Treaty of Campo Formio (between France and Austria).

The card stating that the Prussian army is Inactive if in its 5 space is the card No. 40 (First Treaty of Basel).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merci

And it does make sense as many red cards refer to Austria when stating that inactive armies are now active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.