United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given our at-times difficult posting history, I always like to take advantage of chances to point out when you and I are in complete agreement, both on this proposal (assuming the description is accurate; I haven't looked into it), and the general idea that if Mother Jones agrees with the NRA then it's probably not a great bill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
I disagree with the idea that the 'no fly list' be used as the reason for denying someone basic protections of the Constitution, like gun ownership or speech rights. The terrorist watch list, the no fly list- these lists have been shown to be incredibly arbitrary, with no way of even knowing if you're on the list, or why, and NO ability to confront your accusers and demand that they show why you should be on the list or take your goddamn name off of it. Nope, its just a form letter 'You're on the list, you're screwed'.

I hate the no fly list. I want it to die, along with TSA. What I mostly certainly DO NOT want is an expansion of its power through legislation that allows the government to just decide that certain people can be denied basic civil rights solely for being on a secret watch list. Given that SCOTUS has ruled in Heller that gun ownership is a basic right of American citizenship, for me its unacceptable to say that the US government can restrict that right to 'suspected terrorists' solely on the basis of a procedural gimmick that has repeatedly been shown to have some serious flaws- ie, a lot of innocent people get put on this list.

I'm opposed to the legislation that the Senator wanted to bring to the table through his filibuster.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they should be blocked, but they should be flagged and investigated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
They're Young, They're in Love... They eat LARD
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother was informed he was on the no fly list...while in full uniform as an airline pilot with active military identification.

Brainless TSA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
looks like only conservatives read mother jones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
epilgrim wrote:
My brother was informed he was on the no fly list...while in full uniform as an airline pilot with active military identification.

Brainless TSA

I have a relative who found out he was on the no-fly list except it wasn't him it was some other person with the name as common as Bill Johnson. Crazy making!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.