Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Command Token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
elod boldis
Romania
flag msg tools

Hello,

each command token has an armor value (2, 3, 4 .... )

in what situation the value can be used ?

Combat, you can add to value of the command token to cards with block?

Please help, i can t find any links explaining that.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Estrick

Irvine
California
msg tools
Just remember... no matter what happens... I'll always love you. ALWAYS.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The side with armor and numbers is your level and armor value. Armor level determines how much better you are able to resist additional wounds when you take damage. When you level up to higher levels, you get the old command tokens (blank side) as spots where you can hire troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
morphstar wrote:
Please help, i can t find any links explaining that.
Have you tried to find it in the combat section of the rulebook? (I'm not trying to be unpolite, but that'd be the first place where I'd search; and it is indeed explained there)

Quote:
To assign damage to your Hero, put a Wound card in your hand and reduce the damage total by your Hero’s Armor value (the left number on your Hero’s Level token).
As with Units, even if the assigned damage is lower than your Armor value, your Hero must still take a Wound.

Repeat the above process until all Damage has been assigned. Effectively, you will take one Wound for every X points of damage (where X is you Armor), rounded up.

So, if you're assigning 10 damage and you have 3 armor, you'd take 4 wounds.

The hero's armor value doesn't have any effect in the blocking phase or in any other phase of the game. (Edit: Well, it also plays its role in the assigning damage of PvP).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
The side with armor and hand limit are used as level token.

The side with the shield is used as command token.

When you level up to levels 3, 5 etc., you flip one level token and gain higher armor and hand limit for your hero, and you also gain a command token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.