Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Koshar
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Story mode is still being worked out, but reading through the rules a few ideas hit me.

It seems strange that a kill is only worth 1xp regardless of difficulty, but I'll assume that's due to game balance and the various uses for xp in each mission. However, thinking about a story interlude/ town phase, it would be great to incorporate something like "story points" that you can earn for killing difficult monsters or minions, completing quests, learning a new skill, a successful ambush... -- these points could then be used/consumed during a town phase (eg. brag at the tavern, talk to the local wise one, or trade at a shop) Using these points could earn the heroes rewards ,like a basic ally/decoy to your party for a future quest, upgrade/keep equipment, permanently learn new techniques maybe the innkeeper even lets you borrow a pony to increase your movement in dungeon corridors...until it gets frightened and runs off of course.

These are all just ideas, but I'd love to seem a slightly deeper story mode that encourages you to undertake daring feats during a quest and then rewards you for it later on. The story points could be tracked and spent with a simple counter and unlike XP don't disappear when you upgrade or execute a signature move, and they could even be listed on enemy and event cards?

I also think we need more event and door cards as I think that would deepen the gameplay a bit and take it a little further beyond hack and slash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You must have missed the news that due to customer demand Guillotine Games are now going to include a slightly more in-depth campaign system as an option for players who wanted that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.