Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy of Leaving Earth: The Outer Planets today.

The game is set up and I am enjoying working my way through a hard version of the game. It's currently 1968. I like to listen to "19[xx] Hits" on Pandora while I take each turn. I've grown to appreciate older music, but I'm really looking forward to listening to some hits from the 80s!

I just wanted to thank a moment to thank Dr. Joe Fatula for creating such a wonderful game. Out of the 266 board games I've collected and played, Leaving Earth is easily my favorite. I believe Joe also creates the art, makes the components, packages them, and ships the game, in addition to being the game designer. He's active on BGG and quickly responds to rules questions. All of this adds up to make Leaving Earth a pinnacle achievement.

His game has brought me countless hours of enjoyment and for that I would like to simply say, "Thank you, Dr. Joe."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
I don't even know where I live anymore
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I'm glad you're helping support me and my family by buying the stuff we make.

Leaving Earth is actually the product of a team effort, along with the other products we make. These days, we have about a dozen people involved, some doing the manufacturing, some doing shipping, and some handling sales.

And since tomorrow is Fathers' Day, I'd be remiss not pointing out my own father's contribution to all this. He's the one who introduced me to science and engineering, first showed me the moon through a telescope, the one who taught me how to keep my numbers straight and my axes labeled. He's been working for our little company for years now, putting in long hours at lousy pay, all trying to make a business worth being proud of. (By the way, he's the Joe with the doctorate.)

I guess I'm just saying thanks to my dad, and thanks to all of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please pass along a "Happy Fathers' Day" to your father. He sounds like a great dad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordy anderson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gar0u wrote:
I received my copy of Leaving Earth: The Outer Planets today.

The game is set up and I am enjoying working my way through a hard version of the game. It's currently 1968. I like to listen to "19[xx] Hits" on Pandora while I take each turn. I've grown to appreciate older music, but I'm really looking forward to listening to some hits from the 80s!

I just wanted to thank a moment to thank Dr. Joe Fatula for creating such a wonderful game. Out of the 266 board games I've collected and played, Leaving Earth is easily my favorite. I believe Joe also creates the art, makes the components, packages them, and ships the game, in addition to being the game designer. He's active on BGG and quickly responds to rules questions. All of this adds up to make Leaving Earth a pinnacle achievement.

His game has brought me countless hours of enjoyment and for that I would like to simply say, "Thank you, Dr. Joe."

I would just like to echo this sentiment. Thank you joe for all of your work on this game, it has culminated into an amazing product that also has brought me many hours of enjoyment and will continue to do so into the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I received my copy of Leaving Earth: Outer planets and before I could even get excited I noticed the box looked smashed! Not knowing if they packaged the game really well, I opened the package and to my utter surprise the game box was also smashed! F%$K!

I left a message at lumenaris "didn't get a human even though it was 3:00pm in the after noon Pacific time" and now I need to wait and see when someone will get back to me so I can get a new box! I can't open the game because they might want to whole thing back!

So damn frustrating!

UGH!

Need help Joe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
I don't even know where I live anymore
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kingspud wrote:
Well, I received my copy of Leaving Earth: Outer planets and before I could even get excited I noticed the box looked smashed!

Send me a private message with your info and I'll make sure this gets taken care of.

If you could send me a picture of the damage to the box, that would be helpful. Just in case we've been packaging it poorly, it'd be good to see how it went wrong. And you can open the box if you like -- we won't be asking you to send a smashed package back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalohat wrote:
kingspud wrote:
Well, I received my copy of Leaving Earth: Outer planets and before I could even get excited I noticed the box looked smashed!

Send me a private message with your info and I'll make sure this gets taken care of.

If you could send me a picture of the damage to the box, that would be helpful. Just in case we've been packaging it poorly, it'd be good to see how it went wrong. And you can open the box if you like -- we won't be asking you to send a smashed package back.

Thanks Joe!

When you see the photo of the box you'll realize there is no amount of packaging that would have saved this box! LOL!

This wasn't your fault, it was the gorilla's working at the shipping place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Good
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just like to tack my thanks and congratulations onto this chain.

I am currently in the process of moving house and last night completed the packing away of all my boardgames before moving next weekend (I know! A whole week without boardgames!!)

Of all the stuff I packed the one thing that caused my wife to say "are you sure you want to pack that already?" was Leaving Earth and that, to me, shows exactly how regularly it gets played in my house

Thanks for all the fun and I look forward to Outer Planets when it gets here

Pip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.