Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering are there any? what about the current version on Kickstarter, will it have any changes/improvements to any of the components or rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From Cody in the Kickstarter comments:

"No gameplay/mechanic changes in the base game - it's all the same! (The 2 changes I made from 1st printing to 2nd printing are: Changed typo on game box, Heros > Heroes, and changed ship mats to 400gsm cardstock (thinner, less likely to warp like the Eclipse play mats). That's it! "

The version available in the KS and at retail is the second printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
One additional thing I noticed was the second printing ship paintjobs are better. I own the original KS edition and a friend has the second printing and the ships do look better. For tabletop play no one is probably going to notice though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the sector tiles are the same, I do not really mind any changes. That is the reason why I pledged for a 2nd base! =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting for the people complaining how they've been disenfranchised because the second printing had an improvement with the shipmats. How dare 1st edition owners be treated this way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sullivan
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Waiting for the people complaining how they've been disenfranchised because the second printing had an improvement with the shipmats. How dare 1st edition owners be treated this way :p
Owning the 1st edition with its thick sturdy and slightly warped playermats and its marginally worse painted ships is like owning a classic car. Sure it gets crap gas mileage, and has no CD player, but damn do I love it and wouldn't trade it away for anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordevilthefirst wrote:
skyzero wrote:
Waiting for the people complaining how they've been disenfranchised because the second printing had an improvement with the shipmats. How dare 1st edition owners be treated this way
Owning the 1st edition with its thick sturdy and slightly warped playermats and its marginally worse painted ships is like owning a classic car. Sure it gets crap gas mileage, and has no CD player, but damn do I love it and wouldn't trade it away for anything.

are the 1st printing player boards bad? I thought thicker was better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine never warped, for over a year of playing. Then I moved 2 hours north, and if I leave mats out on the table overnight they warp a tiny amount. Nothing a stack of books can't fix, but it's slightly annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
A common suggestion is: when you first get them, take the mats out and place under a stack of books... kind of "formats" them to your humidity. Somebody who has had worse trouble with it than I, will probably come along with some better suggestions... or you can dig around for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a problem up here in michigian with all my game components, especially game boards and cards now warping. Even bought a dehumidifier for the game room

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Calinor wrote:
A common suggestion is: when you first get them, take the mats out and place under a stack of books... kind of "formats" them to your humidity. Somebody who has had worse trouble with it than I, will probably come along with some better suggestions... or you can dig around for them.

I did exactly this with no problems with warping. I live in San Jose, California.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I have a problem up here in michigian with all my game components, especially game boards and cards now warping. Even bought a dehumidifier for the game room

Oh no. Why did you have to mention Michigan? I will have to move there in ~2 years...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor De Boer
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
April 8th, 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Oh no. Why did you have to mention Michigan? I will have to move there in ~2 years...

Michigan isn't so bad. I enjoy all four seasons, sometimes even on the same day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trevordeboer wrote:
Telrak wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Michigan isn't so bad. I enjoy all four seasons, sometimes even on the same day.

Haha, looking forward to it =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an indication on the box whether it's a 2nd print run vs. 1st print run copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forby
msg tools
Telrak wrote:
trevordeboer wrote:
Telrak wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Haha, looking forward to it =)

Lamination is your friend. Have the ship boards laminated. Not sure about the other components. Uh, Would Spray acrylic work? If so, then do it in the dryer climate. Seal it up and then no problems when you get to wetter climates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't laminate original game parts.. I would however print them and laminate those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forby
msg tools
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I won't laminate original game parts.. I would however print them and laminate those.

Ok, in retrospect this is a better option but I would think that this is going to cost nearly the same amount that the game did originally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matrix4b wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Ok, in retrospect this is a better option but I would think that this is going to cost nearly the same amount that the game did originally.

Not really, Everyone has a scanner these days.. Also most games such as myself also own their own laminater. For me it would only cost some ink and time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.