Subject: Can a Master Pawn cease being a Master Pawn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Waybright

Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be a dense question, but if you move a Master Pawn off of a tile you control, do you effectively give up control of that tile? Is that Pawn no longer a Master Pawn, and effectively treated as a Liveryman Pawn again?

It seems like the endgame scoring is specific about counting the tiles on which you have a Master Pawn, but we were still a little confused on our first play when we used a card that allowed a Master Pawn to be moved. Our question was, "If I move my Master Pawn off of this tile, how will we remember that this was MY tile?"

Please and thank you for any guidance on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cinzori
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes. Yes. You don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
WonderCinz wrote:
Yes. Yes. You don't.

Once the Master has given up his post the Guild/building will remain empty for the remainder of the game. You don't often want to 'move' a Master, but there ARE times...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Waybright

Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the answer, and for participating on the forums as much as you do.

We played that a bit wrong our first outing (among other things), so we're looking forward to correcting things for our next play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dobby
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyboydell wrote:
WonderCinz wrote:
Yes. Yes. You don't.

Once the Master has given up his post the Guild/building will remain empty for the remainder of the game. You don't often want to 'move' a Master, but there ARE times...

I don't have a copy in front of me (still waiting on mine to arrive!), but are there cards that let you move liveryman pawn onto a now empty guild tile? Aka can someone come in and swipe the guild once it's been freed up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they may not. See: Resolved guilds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
tonyboydell wrote:
WonderCinz wrote:
Yes. Yes. You don't.

I had the "Score 8 (I think) points if you have no adjoining guilds", so I had to do my best to move one in the first game we played
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.