Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: Looking For Gamers - "Learn to Play" Volunteers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Whale
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are still looking for Volunteers for the learn to play area at Looking for Gamers on the 9-10 July.

Because it is a board game focused convention, the Learn to play area will have a slightly different focus to when it was at the Toy and game expo.

It will still be the place for people who are unfamiliar with modern board games to be introduced to the hobby, but we will also be looking to broaden peoples experience into games beyond the traditional gateway games of Carcassonne and Catan to similar weighted game with new mechanics.

Also we will be actively looking for people who are on their own or seem uncomfortable asking to join a game and get them around a table playing.

We will probably be looking at only running a couple of shifts a day as we don’t expect this to be so necessary in the evening.

If this seems like something you are interested in, either reply to this thread or PM me. And fill out he "Be a Volunteer" form.

The form, and more info on Volunteering at LFG is contained on this link:
http://lfg-aus.com.au/volunteer.php

Note: I may be able to flexable with the shift lengths in case 5 hrs seems too daunting. Talk to me.

Any further questions or suggestions, again please post below or PM me.

I am also looking for suggestions for games for this section, so feel free to make some recommendations. Simple rules, 30-90 minutes with diversity. Probably looking at games that represent some of the core mechanics and styles of the hobby.

Cheers,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.