United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Cult of the Golden Lurker
badge
Mugwump of the Golden Lurkers
mbmbmbmbmb
High up in the Himalyas I, Gibbo, set out to make my fortune. The villages, temples and monastaries all needed brave men to bring them the goods from other places. Soon I discovered that ther were other sherpas in the region try ing to horn in on my business. The first was Dobbs, a big, bold, bearded sherpa like my self. Next was Marko, a pale and cunning man. The last was the scrawney youth Benji.

We all started by building plans for the upcoming month. At first we just gathered a lot of resources. It did not seem like we were ever going to get the combinations of goods to satisfy any of these peoples' requests. In the second month the altitude got to young Benji and he halucinated that he was in charge of Marko's caravan and made plans accordingly. When he regained his senses he was back where he had started looking very confused.

Eventually the locals start rewarding us with yaks for having the most goods of various types. About this time orders started being filled too. Cunning Marko eschews the obvious wealth of yaks for controlling monastaries with bribes and sending his minions to various regions to build political power. While Dobbs and I appreciate the wealth that yaks inspire, we were soon forced to waste our rewards the same as Marko. Young Benji starts following suit when it appears to be a little too late.

As we close on the twelveth month, Marko begins to overwhelm Benji and my emmissaries in various regions, cowardly reducing our influence. Dobbs' weak influence with the local monastaries leads him to being chased from the mountains. My lack of political influence due to Marko's trechery leave me no choice but to move on despite my superior wealth in yaks. Marko's herd of twenty three yaks, compared to Benji's sixteen meant he had the money to make Benji move on too.

Marko hear my words: I will be back...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.