Florian Flumontanus
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone,

No intro, just right into my thought and feelings:
Hope for new stuff coming up:
- There ought to be a 4 Player add-on, because it just makes sense. Also there's no official add-on yet, just the army booster.
- New factions: Elves, Dwarves and Orcs (?): For the mentioned 4-Player Version, there's got to be more factions. Also, considering that Runewars has the Elves in it, it would make sense to add (at least) Elves!
But, if you look at the different already existing faction, the Elves would eather lack of an LEGEND-Unit (because Uthuk miss one cavallery, Daqan miss infantry and Undead miss one elite unit)... or ffg start a new "wave" of factions with Elves having no Infantry, Dwarves having no cavallery and Orcs having no elite unit and so on...
- A campaign book, as in DESCENT 2. EDITION would be really nice and probably easy to make and a quite big market to sell.

Fear that this is it:
- Sales numbers: don't know any numbers, but bbg has 4.000 people "owning" the game. Bigger FFG Games like descent or Imperial assault have about 18.000 and therefore A LOT of expansion and stuff.
- More armies, more trouble: It could get really tricky to create new equally balanced factions. As an old Magic the gathering player, I'm afraid of Powercreep...

Don't get me wrong: I REALLY hope, that we get more factions and stuff in general! I also feel, that this game is highly under-rated on bgg and in general... Maybe re-release it with a star wars license and it will sale like hell ;-)

Greetz and let me know what you think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seems like a repeat of the fate of the original BattleLore
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/896668/next-expansion-es...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian baizan
msg tools
Great game that doesn't get enough love.

There's a ton of replayability as it is even if I'd like, as everyone else, to see the elves and a campaign book at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Landes
Germany
flag msg tools
As with M44 and Great War, I bought 2 copies of the base game and every expansion, because same as you: I hope for more! And I hope for kind of Breakthrough Games. I hope for more terrain tiles. And I hope for campaign books.
It´s a great game, and in my opinion has only one flaw: The scenario cards SEEM like many scenarios at first, but they feel too random and in no way like a true "story" being told.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Piippo
United States
Yakima
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars, Descent and cold hard economy. Three reasons FFG is not putting any significant effort into this game. I love BL (and the other ones, but that is another forum) but I am seeing that same pattern that DOW started and then FFG took over, slow and without fanfare. I am hoping to see some elves, neutral characters and hero's to at the least bring it in line with Rune Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Lange
msg tools
I pretty much share your sentiments. However, I doubt we'll see much more than the occasional new race or neutral units. I want it so bad that I just make my own stuff until FFG releases official stuff. I really could go for some new official stuff though because making my own is a lot of work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elves, Heroes, and some tie-ins to RuneWars and/or Descent would be great. Still holding out hope for BL2. It's been a good run so far. I hope it continues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Price
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Reroll!
badge
C'mon roll allready!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the spirit BrandyLS! There is plenty of marketable life in Battlelore!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carter
United States
Forestdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Gen Con next month will produce some good news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.