Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In rule 43.1 it says that Taken cities can remain unsupported until next E2.But since E2 is the very next that's confusing as it must mean the next round's E2 to be meaningful. But it doesn't say the next round.

Orders of precedence has me confused. Here's the original:

my idea of this is:

62. Orders of Precedence: absent another rule, and for ties, players move in the order of the Progress Chart. Also for deciding who should be involved in a specific action; ie, a revolt with two players with equal number of tokens in their stock. Order of play in conflicts is only needed in a potential token shortage. In Progress Chart order: only tokens battle each other, then in Progress Chart order, tokens attacking cities.

The original wording had me perplexed, and that's my idea of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
itsastickup wrote:
In rule 43.1 it says that Taken cities can remain unsupported until next E2.But since E2 is the very next that's confusing as it must mean the next round's E2 to be meaningful. But it doesn't say the next round.

No, that's not the case. What it means is that if Player A starts the turn with 4 cities and 8 population, then gains a city from Player B due to a tax revolt, he will not have to reduce a city immediately because he can't support it. Really this is just a point of clarity, as unsupported cities aren't reduced until after Resolve Calamities (E11).

Quote:
Orders of precedence has me confused. Here's the original:

my idea of this is:

62. Orders of Precedence: absent another rule, and for ties, players move in the order of the Progress Chart. Also for deciding who should be involved in a specific action; ie, a revolt with two players with equal number of tokens in their stock. Order of play in conflicts is only needed in a potential token shortage. In Progress Chart order: only tokens battle each other, then in Progress Chart order, tokens attacking cities.

The original wording had me perplexed, and that's my idea of it.

You've got the first half right, it's pretty simple.

The second half is basically saying that combat order doesn't matter except where city reduction would put more units on the board than a player has in stock. In that instance, you resolve all battles involving that player's units first. Progress Chart order honestly doesn't matter much, except to save you looking at the whole map for areas breaking the pop limits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok, thanks David. Very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.