United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I hope things are going along swimmingly at Mr. B Games. Just wanted to check up on this massive project. The KS page has lots of info, but doesn't really get into specifics - what are your plans for the contents of the retail version, and what expansions will be available at release?

Any more specific news on a release date too?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
I hope things are going along swimmingly at Mr. B Games. Just wanted to check up on this massive project. The KS page has lots of info, but doesn't really get into specifics - what are your plans for the contents of the retail version, and what expansions will be available at release?

Thanks!

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:

Thanks!

I'm not affiliated with Mr. B Games, but I spoke to Sean Brown at Origins about WarQuest. My understanding (and Sean can certainly correct me if I get anything wrong), is that the retail version will not include the stretch goals from the KS campaign, so it will have 115 miniatures (i.e. those not marked as "unlocked reward"), whereas KS Deluxe Editions will have 165 miniatures. Those extra 50 miniatures should be available separately at some point, assuming sales of the core game are high enough to warrant the release of further expansions.

As for which expansions will initially available at release of the core game, I seem to recall the High Elves being mentioned. Sean also mentioned that the game currently supports 4 players, but would support 5 with the addition of an expansion (High Elves or otherwise).

As I mentioned in another thread, the game looks great. Lots of people stopped to look and ask about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt,

Fresh off the return from Origins, sorry for my delayed reply!

The retail version of Warquest will have everything needed to play with 4 players. Many expansions were offered during the Kickstarter but no expansions will be available at Retail this year (only folks who supported the Kickstarter and the expansions will see them right away).

We will be taking preorders at Gencon for some of the expansions (if any remain after KS backers have a chance to add or upgrade their pledges) but won't make those retail available until the 2nd printing of the game or via a new KS campaign (and some of the expansions were limited edition, so when they are gone, they are gone!)

I will look into getting a box back pic of the retail edition that has the exact contents (or its in the rules I cannot remember which) but it comes with a TON of stuff, and over 100 minis in that core retail set.

New update going out on Kickstarter today as well with more expansion pics. Trying our best to hit Gencon but things are crazy busy these days, so no guarantees or idea if it will really happen.

Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Thanks Sean!

So, fingers crossed, sounds like we might see retail copies after Gencon (early to mid August).

I'll keep my radar up and going!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.