19 Posts

Mare Nostrum: Empires» Forums » General

Subject: Canadian Shipments? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Anyone in western Canada receive their game yet? Im in Vancouver and nothing yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know only that there is at least one backer in the USA still waiting. I do not know what the shipping schedule is, or if there is one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martins
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the Toronto area and have not received mine. Haven't even seen a shipping notice... just a receipt a few weeks back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turcan
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikemartins wrote:
I'm in the Toronto area and have not received mine. Haven't even seen a shipping notice... just a receipt a few weeks back.

I'm in Winnipeg and likewise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Lavoie
Canada
Les Cedres
QC
flag msg tools
Don't thread on me!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you guys aren't in class C with us French Canadian backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moat Man
Canada
Burnaby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in Burnaby and haven't received anything. An emailed sales receipt from Academy Games on May 31st stated, "We are very happy to announce that Mare Nostrum - Empires is en-route to our warehouse in the USA. We will package your Kickstarter pledge in the USA and then send it by pallet to Toronto, from where Snakes and Lattes will ship it to you."

I emailed Snakes and Lattes to ask if they've received the games from Academy yet and they haven't replied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully they are too busy packing and shipping to check their email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing here, no notice, no shipment. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
I guess we are all in the same boat. Shame, really looking forward to finally receiving this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Dissapointing news,

I just got an email from Snakes and Lattes. It sounds like they don't have the games, nor do they know when they'll be available. They said they are waiting for information from Academy Games regarding the ks campaign.

My email to AG has gone unanswered.

I am willing to bet the Canadian games are mixed in with the European shipments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowecore wrote:
Dissapointing news,

I just got an email from Snakes and Lattes. It sounds like they don't have the games, nor do they know when they'll be available. They said they are waiting for information from Academy Games regarding the ks campaign.

My email to AG has gone unanswered.

I am willing to bet the Canadian games are mixed in with the European shipments.

Hmmm... what can we do? Nothing but wait for the most part. Complaining now after they missed the November date so long ago seems... well, useless really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're recuperating from Origins, and should be back to responding to email /identifying where things are on Tuesday (well, later today, depending where you're reading this from).

It's coming. Horses are being held. I await, patiently... Eagerly, but patiently... Just... Don't let my wife find out I backed something else....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreezenFire wrote:
It's coming. Horses are being held. I await, patiently... Eagerly, but patiently... Just... Don't let my wife find out I backed something else....

Well, my payment went through last year for this KS, but she did see other stuff I backed lately! She does the budget, so no secrets where the $$$ went here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Ashley responded to my email today, looks like they will be shipping soon:
---------

I can certainly give you an update! We are in the process of packing all our Canadian backers' pledges here in the USA and will be sending them on a pallet across the boarder to our shipper in Canada by the end of the week. After they arrive in Toronto they will be shipped out to each backer.

----------
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lovely... So, delivery to Canadian backers will be after any Canada Post lockout conditions have been initiated / ended, unless they use a different shipping company... Fully don't expect to see this until at least August.

With what's gone on with the resource chip shipping issues (airfreight at $10.5K solution to make people happy), Academy is likely going to take another hit. The problems with incomplete/wrong chip quantities (QC issues at manufacturer), missing components (more QC issues, likely different manufacturer), and the CPUW issues - absolutely no fault of theirs. Not even going to look at the other language product issues, that's just disheartening. But some of these issues could have been avoided. Now it's all about how they deal with them, while not going into bankruptcy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowecore wrote:
Ashley responded to my email today, looks like they will be shipping soon:
---------

I can certainly give you an update! We are in the process of packing all our Canadian backers' pledges here in the USA and will be sending them on a pallet across the boarder to our shipper in Canada by the end of the week. After they arrive in Toronto they will be shipped out to each backer.

----------

Thanks for the update!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything else new? I haven't received a shipping notice yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Nothing new. i guess their ' delievery by next week ' declaration wasn't very accurate.... again....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting here. Although in all fairness with most of my friends away on vacation in July, I probably wouldn't get a 6 game in until August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.