Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Would this system work for a Fallout game? I've always wanted Fallout board game and it seems map movement and perks would fit but I don't have MK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
The key problem is that so much of how MK works is explained/explainable by "magic". Technology and quantifiable resources wouldn't be a very good fit. If you don't mind a bit of hand-waving and theme/mechanism dissonance I'm sure it would be possible to retheme MK to something post-apocalyptic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want this thing!
fan conversion anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kerrison
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a lot of it would fit very well. Maybe replace the mana dice with 'resource types' you might find while scavenging. The marauding enemies become raiders, monasteries become trade caravans, poison damage becomes radiation, and so on. You might need a few tweaks here and there, but I think there is definitely potential for this to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its been re-themed to Star Trek, so re-theming to Fallout should by easy in comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice damage could be Energy damage. Fire could stay Fire (flamethrowers, molotovs). Dragons could be deathclaws, Orcs could be bloatflies, dogs and radscorpions. Units could be companions. Skills and Special Action cards could be named after drugs, perks and traits. Artifacts could remain artifacts. Mana tokens are perishable foods, crystals are canned food, the source represents food you can find in the wild (roots, leaves).
What would spells be and why would they be more effective at night?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if it's not nighttime.
Instead, it's a nuclear radiation storm like in fallout 4.
Could mana be bottle caps from various flavors of nuka-cola?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barille
msg tools
Somewhere someone made a fallout reskin for Imperial Assault. You would need to make fallout minis for it, but they had the cards and stats and everything for it. Looked really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N0mE wrote:

So how exactly would bottle caps power nightly radiation storms to work in your favor...?

My ideas at least try to thematically make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DreamStorm wrote:
N0mE wrote:

So how exactly would bottle caps power nightly radiation storms to work in your favor...?

My ideas at least try to thematically make sense.

wow, sorry, it was only my 2 cents.
...2 cents, retracted.

Either way, I like to see the bottle caps in the game in some way as they are a big part of Fallout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.