Subject: detachment composition question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paul jamison
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hey folks,

played a couple of games of this for the first time yesterday. and it was surprisingly enjoyable.

had a question regarding detachment composition.
the rule book says 0-2 Troops, 0-1 Elites and 0-1 Fast Attack
although it doesn't state it specifically these numbers are referring to minimum sized game 'squads', aren't they?

the reason for the confusion is because the models play independently but are purchased as part of a squad based system, rather than purchased as individual models.

so your 200pt of soldiers is still purchased as, i.e. a space marine tactical squad of 70pt and including 5 models. rather than buying every sm for 14pt individually.

i played 40k a while back and am ok with the concept of squad based lists and currently play infinity (where you purchase each model individually).

thanks in advance and sorry if this seems derrr obvious.

edit: or to put it another way, you buy units by the squad but play them by the model?
another reason for the confusion is that it seems like heralds of ruin is model by model...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul jamison
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
to answer my own question (based on confirmation from another discussion).

yes, in the official gw you still purchase your force 'by the squad', even though you play 'by the model'.
seems a bit counter-intuitive for me but them's the rules.

and HoR purchases by the model and plays by the model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.