Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

NEXT SESSION >>> Wednesday June 22, 2016.
GAMES >>> There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? >>> THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? >>> Gaming starts at 6pm and goes until 10
PARKING: Kent and Somerset have parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James E
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for some Terra Mystica.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little late on my weekly report.

It was a light night at the Legion as the great weather may have kept some people away.

Charles taught Han to me, James, Bill and Andrea. He was a master at placing ambassadors for end game scoring. Bill and Andrea did nicely on securing area majorities, James was a blue to achieve a bit of a mix. I built the longest road ever seen in a five player game of Han. Unfortunately this is not TtR and there was no bonus for this. Next time maybe I'll try placing an ambassador. Charles took a narrow victory over Bill and my longest road only put me a couple of points behind Bill. This game is a reworking of China, which may have been the first game I played with OGG and the two or three changes definitely adds some good stuff to it.

Next, I taught The Voyages of Marco Polo to James, Sue and Rob. Sue's character allowed her to take a resource from the Bazaar anytime another player used it. She used those resources well by completing tons of contracts and earning the most contracts completed bonus. James' character gave him an extra die and a free contract at the start of every round. He focused on Travelling to start before challenging Sue with contracts. Rob's special ability was to choose his dice faces. He made some nice progress on travelling and in fulfilling contracts. My ability was to place in an already occupied space without having to pay. I used this to collect lots of cash and travel, fulfilling both of my goal cards and getting some nice bonus VPs from Beijing. Still, Sue took a huge lead to start the game as she racked up contracts and never relinquished it with James finishing second.

I'm not sure what was played at the other table.

I hope to see lots of you next Wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.