BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Blue Moon City: Language Independent? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Hammer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All,

I'm new to BGG. So far, I quite like it here (read: I haven't gotten much sleep since I registered a few days ago). I hope to become one of the Ancient Geeks one day but I still have many-many hours of playing to do.

For now I have a simple question to Blue Moon City owners. I could get a copy of the German edition only my German is not too good. I checked the images on BGG and there seem to be no textual elements involved in this game making it language independent. Can someone please confirm this?

Thanks a bunch,
malus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no language elements on the play components. Just the rules. So if you can figure out the rules you're fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Palfreyman
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jgrundy wrote:
There are no language elements on the play components. Just the rules. So if you can figure out the rules you're fine.

...and there's an English rules translation in the file section for Blue Moon City

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
malus wrote:
I'm new to BGG. So far, I quite like it here (read: I haven't gotten much sleep since I registered a few days ago).

Welcome malus!

malus wrote:
For now I have a simple question to Blue Moon City owners. I could get a copy of the German edition only my German is not too good. I checked the images on BGG and there seem to be no textual elements involved in this game making it language independent. Can someone please confirm this?

As the wise BGG-ers before me have posted, Blue Moon City's game components are indeed language independent. If you get the English-language rules, then you are ready to play the German-edition game.

The English-language rules can be downloaded here:
http://fantasyflightgames.com/PDF/bmcrules.pdf

The same is true for the four (4) expansion tiles that you can add to Blue Moon City [BMC] via: Blue Moon City: Expansion Tile Sets 1 & 2. (If you like BMC, then these four tiles are worth adding to your game.)

Just my 2 cents. Good gaming!

Edit: Added rules link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/118303

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/142831

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Hammer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

Thanks for the input, the rules, the welcome, and all the fish everyone! You guys are great!

malus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
malus wrote:
Hey All,

I'm new to BGG. So far, I quite like it here (read: I haven't gotten much sleep since I registered a few days ago).
malus

Ah, I remember the honeymoon phase of discovering BGG. Enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.