Popular Tags: [View All]
Wookie Clough
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played quest 5: immortal from Wolfsburg last night. The game seemed very broken. My tiny mind cannot cope.....

The rules state.

Weak points.
The blue and the green Spawn Zones are active
at the start of the game
They can’t be removed when a Necromancer is killed (see below)

Immortal (?)
Necromancers don’t add a Necromancer Spawn
Zone token when they spawn on the board
However, when they spawn through a colored Spawn Zone (blue or green),
that Spawn Zone token is replaced with a Necromancer
Spawn Zone token.

We spawned three necromancers in buildings and red spawns early game. They did not come on the board with necromancer spawn points. We then killed then and removed the three red spawn points. We then spent three hours sitting on the two remaining spawn points waiting for necromancers to spawn..... Did we play this right? it was a very boring game, as there was nothing to occupy 6 survivors.

How should the necromancers we spawned early game behave? They have nothing to gain from exiting on another spawn? Do they follow the same behavior as other zombies?

My tiny mind hurts....

PS: Love this game though we play 2-3 time a week. Amazing CMON can take my money when they produce such good stuff. (got knight level KS, extras from be-seiged and massive darkness is looking tempting with the crossover pack)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mission does say "NOTE: This Mission’s duration relies in great part on luck."

I can't see any reason to change Necromancer behaviour, apart from the fact that the ones that spawn at the central three Spawn Zones will disappear on their first activation as their starting Zone is not marked.

The lack of new Spawn Zones is going to make things rather slow, I guess. It sounds like you were playing it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wookie Clough
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply.

I feel I've regained some of my sanity now I have a second opinion.

Oh well.... one dud mission in 20 is not bad yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Eads
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quest 5 is a total mess. If you don't draw a necromancer on those two spawn points the quest will literally NEVER END. Who play tested this?!? How did that not get caught?

And, btw, saying that the duration relies on luck doesn't make sense - it's just a nicer way to say what the duration actually relies on: randomness. Maybe they expect you to be lucky and end the quest in a reasonable time or they expect you to play until everyone burns out on the game and just quits. What kind of design decision is that?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, those will be the only two Spawn points soon enough if you are handling the Necromancers that appear elsewhere. Thus, they are guaranteed to hit those points eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Well, those will be the only two Spawn points soon enough if you are handling the Necromancers that appear elsewhere. Thus, they are guaranteed to hit those points eventually.

To be honest, it is still kind of dumb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
could we tweak the deck like we do with epidemic cards in pandemic to solve this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:
could we tweak the deck like we do with epidemic cards in pandemic to solve this issue?

Throwing all your Necromancer cards into the deck (not just 6 total) will make it interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this scenario last night for the first time and it didn't go as horribly as I feared. In fact we maybe figured out the secret challenge and had a lot of fun with it. The secret: Get all of the Red spawn zones removed with at least two necromancer cards still in the deck. If you can do that you have a shot at drawing a necro card for each of the remaining blue and green zones. If you miss that opportunity then you will have to reshuffle your spawn deck and will be stuck slogging through the deck to get to the necro cards.

We threw in Queen Media and The Blackheart along with the standard necro but we kept the necro card count at 6. We also had the NPC cards in which probably helped to fluff the deck, along with wolfz of course.

So we look at this quest as a challenge then and also a kind of testing ground for adding in other elements to increase the challenge level. You can challenge yourself with certain necro combos, zombie combos and abom combos.
The challenge is to complete the quest in one go through whatever spawn deck you build at the beginning. If you have to reshuffle consider it a failure. This makes it a race to get necros killed as soon as possible so you can get spawn zones removed. It now makes a neat one off scenario if your just picking up a game to play on game night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.