T Smog
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I'm looking to get a couple of solo games and would love some advice from more experienced solo gamers.

I'm pretty much set on getting Hostage Negotiator (had also been considering Friday so if people think this is a much better game please tell me I'm making a mistake!)

I'm also looking at getting one of K2 or Lewis and Clark

How do these compare as solo games? Which is most fun? challenging? which offers best replayability as a solo game?

Most of my gaming is 2 player and we tend to play light to light-medium games so Lewis & Clark would be a bit of a jump from anything I've currently played.

Thanks for any help,

Smog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of K2 may I suggest Disaster on Everest.

A mountain climbing theme but a true solitaire game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huw
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both Friday and Hostage) and like them equally. For better exposure, head over to the 1Player Guild !

Friday is obviously all cards while Hostage is cards and dice plus four 'expansions' I find Friday the more relaxing game. My advice would be to get both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilse
Belgium
Kortenberg
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go ask the question in the 1PG as mentioned above

I own Lewis and Clark and enjoy it quite a lot solo.
I've heard different opinions on this because it works with an automated opponent which you just move one step after every turn you take so it's actually a game where you have to beat the game in x turns (depending on the difficulty you're setting). I don't mind this at all but I understand why some people may think it's lame.
Now about what there is to like:
-different cards in every game, making it REALLY replayable
-easy setup, short gametime (30-45 mins)
-it's a racing game (yay !)
-can be played competitive (for me this is a plus, if I play a co-op like K2 solo I enjoy it, if I play it with more people I sometimes wish I were playing solo because I would've handeled situations differently. As for L&C wether you play solo or not, it's your game)

That's my opinion I guess ^^
good luck thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Glyn
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Twitter @kyleglyn reddit /u/kyleglyn
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilse23 wrote:
Go ask the question in the 1PG as mentioned above

I own Lewis and Clark and enjoy it quite a lot solo.
I've heard different opinions on this because it works with an automated opponent which you just move one step after every turn you take so it's actually a game where you have to beat the game in x turns (depending on the difficulty you're setting). I don't mind this at all but I understand why some people may think it's lame.
Now about what there is to like:
-different cards in every game, making it REALLY replayable
-easy setup, short gametime (30-45 mins)
-it's a racing game (yay !)
-can be played competitive (for me this is a plus, if I play a co-op like K2 solo I enjoy it, if I play it with more people I sometimes wish I were playing solo because I would've handeled situations differently. As for L&C wether you play solo or not, it's your game)

That's my opinion I guess ^^
good luck thumbsup

K2 isn't coop. Are you sure you're thinking of the right game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Smog
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone - particularly for the 1 Player Guild tip.

I think I'm probably going to go with Hostage Negotiator for now (Friday is a definite for later). Disaster on Everest looks good but hard to get hold of in the UK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.