Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As excited as I was to get my new Monkey Auto Races game, I was also extremely disappointed to find that one mini head-stick was nearly 1/8" off true straight. I sent an E-mail last night to the publisher asking for a replacement, but I haven't received one yet. It seems like paying $7.99 for a new game should mean that the components are top-notch!

Have other people noticed this problem, and if so, were you able to get a replacement, how long did it take, etc.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
ConnCon 2018 March 23, 24, 25 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmb
My head-stick is inches shorter than I'd hoped it would be. And it leans to the left a little. I've tried complaining about this but all I seem to get are derisive snickers and pointing.

Good luck with yours, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this right off the company website. I hope this helps:

A few players reported that some of their mini head-stick were bent because they had been under too much pressure inside the packaging.
Boil some water - In your kitchen, boil some water (if you are young, ask your parents’ permission or ask them to help you).
Pour the hot water in a large cup. Get a spoon and also a glass of cold water. Here is how things look like before the action:
Drop the mini head-stick in the hot water. Wait for 1 minute so they warm up.
Using the spoon, take one mini head-stick out of the hot water. Then using your fingers, put it back straight. Normally, the mini head-stick should not be too hot, and you should be able to hold it without burning yourself. If it is too hot, wait a little bit. Since the plastic is warm, it will allow itself to be bent back in the correct position.
Drop the mini head-stick in the cold water. If your water is nice cold, the mini head-stick will cool down quickly and retain its new position. Let it cool down for a couple of minutes. For best results, you might even have an ice cube in your glass.
Retrieve the mini head-stick and let it dry, voilà! You can use some paper tissue to remove the water, so it will dry faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey McNabb
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...I guess I was one of the lucky ones. My mini head-sticks far exceeded my expectations! My game came with a set of "bonus" glow in the dark head-sticks!

The glow in the dark edition really adds a cool dimension, and my neice and nephew were wild about the fact that they doubled as nightlights!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So is the 40th Anniversery version crap, then? I got mine on order right now and I have heard nothing but complaints on the re-release. First, it's missing the monkeys and now I find out that the mini head-sticks are warped. This is turning out to be a real bummer. I'll keep my fingers crossed....

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.