Subject: Fast , Deep and Competetive rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Riha
Sweden
G├Âteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats the three words I would best use to describe 7Wuels.

The game is Fast in the sence that it sets up quickly and each turn a player takes isnt very long. So game play shifts back and forth in a nice way. Analysis paralysis can happen but is reduced by the fact that every other row of cards is hidden so there is still enough randomness.

You still have to plan ahead to ensure you get the cards you need/want and your opponent doesnt. The game is very Competetive as it is a very valid tactic to starve your enemy of resources and make sure he/she doesnt get certain cards.

The game is so Deep in strategy and option that there is almost always a way out of the positions your opponent puts you in. For example if your enemy is trying to prevent you from obtaining the stone you need or the science cards you want then you can start pushing the military track to make his choices harder "Do I starve his production and expose my self millitary or do I defend my self". When playing a very agressive player you can often bait them into thinking you are focusing on your wonders while your actually going for military track or vice versa.

Each game feels very different and the score levels vary alot from game to game. Some games can be very low scoring due to resource starvation while some can be just a scoring frency and everything in between. Some games can turn into a race for a specific cards while others can evolve in both players having totally different strategies.

I really enjoy the game and actually do find it propably the best two player game I have played. The small box makes it into a very portable and good travel game. Though the footprint isnt all that small.

All in all very good game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played it for the first time today and I gotta say I really loved it

Being both an accessible game,while at the same time being deep is a rare combination fo success.

Looking forward to playing more games soon and I'm already interested in the expansion,that's how much I liked the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.