Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Corbett
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
1. Can a monster end his movement and attack on a familiar?
2. Can a hero activate a glyph by moving through it or must s(he) stop on it?
3. About the "Rapid Fire" skill card; Can the hero attack, move to a different space ("advance" action) then attack again using this card? Or must all the attacks come from one space?

Thank You!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
serf wrote:

A monster may not land on a familiar, unless stated by the familiar rules. All familiars (currently) are immune to damage and death. I would argue that even the overlord wanted to attack familiars, this should not be allowed, since black die rolls can produce threat tokens.

serf wrote:

Yes, see JitD rules, page 17.

serf wrote:

3. About the "Rapid Fire" skill card; Can the hero attack, move to a different space ("advance" action) then attack again using this card? Or must all the attacks come from one space?

Don't have the card in front it me, so can't remember. Sounds reasonable, so long as you can continue to pay for it in fatigue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
serf wrote:

Yes, as per page 14. (Sorry Hector!)

serf wrote:

Yes, as per page 17, like Hector said.

serf wrote:

Now that's a nice question. The card says you can immediatelypay 2 fatigue to get an additional attack, with the same weapon, this turn. So it sounds like it would be ok to attack, pay the fatigue right away, then move around and use the extra attack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding #3, the card is crystal clear, the attack must be done immediately after a ranged attack, this means no movement.

So it would be:

Ranged attack, spend 2 fatigue, Make another ranged attack.

By the way, by spending 4 fatigues, you could make 4 attacks by declaring a battle action, amking your 2 attacks as normal then spending 2 times 2 fatigues for an extra attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoneCleric wrote:
serf wrote:

Huh? Familiars aren't monsters, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Familiars may end their movement on monsters, so perhaps this goes both ways. The rules are silent on this I believe.

On page 14, it clearly states that familiars may not be affected by attacks in any way, so at least that part is correct.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i.a.m wrote:
Regarding #3, the card is crystal clear, the attack must be done immediately after a ranged attack, this means no movement.

So it would be:

Ranged attack, spend 2 fatigue, Make another ranged attack.

By the way, by spending 4 fatigues, you could make 4 attacks by declaring a battle action, amking your 2 attacks as normal then spending 2 times 2 fatigues for an extra attack.

I would have been 100% in agreement with you going from memory. In fact, that's how we played it in out in our last game.

But I wanted to clear the matter entirely, so I dug up the card, and lo and behold, it doesn't say that you immediately make another attack. It really does that you can immediately pay to get another attack this turn.

So to me, that's not so "crystal clear" all of a sudden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Duchesne
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galvornman wrote:
LoneCleric wrote:
serf wrote:

Huh? Familiars aren't monsters, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Familiars may end their movement on monsters, so perhaps this goes both ways. The rules are silent on this I believe.

On page 14, it clearly states that familiars may not be affected by attacks in any way, so at least that part is correct.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question...

Well, I've assumed that the question isn't about attacking a familiar, but rather attacking some hero while standing on a familiar.

As for page 14, I was thinking specifically of this:

rulebook p.14 wrote:
Familiars may occupy the same space as another figure, and figures may move through and trace lines of sight through familiars.

So we know for sure that monsters are allowed to remain on the same square as a familiar, and that they can move through a square with a familiar on it. That pretty much covers it, from my point of view...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Corbett
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Hello, Sorry my first question was not explained well. I did in fact mean to ask if a monster could attack while standing on top of a familiar (they may, according to the rule on pg. 14 you found.) Thank you all for your replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoneCleric wrote:

I would have been 100% in agreement with you going from memory. In fact, that's how we played it in out in our last game.

But I wanted to clear the matter entirely, so I dug up the card, and lo and behold, it doesn't say that you immediately make another attack. It really does that you can immediately pay to get another attack this turn.

I never seen it this way but now that you mention it, your interpretation make sense.
It does say "this turn"...

Oh well, we'll keep on playing it like before, it makes more sense thematically speaking in my opinion.

That would be a good question for Kevin Wilson to clarify though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric Billette
Canada
Aylmer
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i.a.m wrote:
LoneCleric wrote:

I never seen it this way but now that you mention it, your interpretation make sense.
It does say "this turn"...

Oh well, we'll keep on playing it like before, it makes more sense thematically speaking in my opinion.

Although it would also make thematic sense to allow to move in between shots, because realistically, the hero might be running around and shooting his bow/x-bow/throwing knives. Things aren't as static in reality as they are on the board, which is why you're allowed to move before and after you make attacks (up to your movement allowance anyways).
Just think of any movie (let's just say Matrix here, even if the theme's different), they're shooting constantly while running around and even summersaulting.

BTW, thanks for clarifying this, Gilles, we also played it that the hero needed to shoot twice from the same spot, and maybe the intent of the rules was for that interpretation, but that's not what the text says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Humrich
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i.a.m wrote:

Now we have an official answer to that question, found here:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=...

Rapid Shot
Q: The Hero must immediately spend fatigue to gain another attack using Rapid shot, but must the attack be immediately used, or can a Hero move and then use the attack?"

KevinW: It must be immediately used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.