Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe I missed it in the rulebook, but I did look through it a couple times first. Anyway, I have a couple quick questions:

1. What happens if you run out of influence cubes to place in a round? I just played a 2P game where this happened to both of us. We ended up just ending the game then and there (it occurred in the 3rd round) without making it around the midway. We were removing the appropriate cubes after scoring phases, removed the appropriate cards at the start of the game, and had what I thought was a reasonable distribution of Midway cards in each round. Did we screw up, or is this mathematically possible?

2. My friend who is a huge negotiator in games thought of this: I don't think the rules are clear about approved exhibits needing to be your own. So in a 2P game, this would never be strategic. But take a 4P game, where P1 and P2 are neck and neck, but P4 is out of it. Could P1 make a pact to approve one of P4's exhibits with his "overflow" approvals in exchange for the same? It might not be in P4's interests in a technical sense, but could add elements of backstabbing, table talk, and kingmaking. Not for everyone, granted, but my friend is just a devious, conniving genius with that kind of thing. That she beat me after I taught her the game makes it worse, so I don't necessarily want her negotiation idea to be legal. But I also want to play fair (mostly devil )

Love the game. Randy (and others), great job as ever. I was one of Lanterns' biggest advocates, and it's been a hit in my game group. Having just played World's Fair for the first time, I have no doubt it will follow suit. Thanks for any replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ever run out of supporters, and yes it's possible, you simply take one from another area and place as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Susan's right on running out of cubes. On page 4, when the rulebook describes placing a supporter, it says this:

Quote:
If you ever need a supporter (during Step 1 or Step 2) but do
not have any in your supply, you may choose to remove one of
your supporters from any area and use that one.

2. I think the rulebook is clear that the exhibits have to be your own. The description of approving exhibits at the bottom of page 8 states,

Quote:
The player(s) with the most supporters can also approve a
certain number of their main exhibit cards that match the area.

(I'd never stop someone from changing the rules to suit their play style, but allowing players to approve other people's proposed exhibits would definitely be a change! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Ah, so I missed both. *shame face* Thanks guys. 's what I get for watching the rules video and only browsing the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.