Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Ruhlander
Germany
Regensburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Hi guys,
yesterday we played our first 4 player game an enjoyed it a lot. Afterwards we had a few questions. No surprise. The most of the answers i already found here in the forum. But no that one(two):

Can i buy a Ship with the orc race ability or only ground units?
Can i move Ships with the eldar race ability or only ground units?

Only ground units make more sense. but ships are units too and "unit" says it on the sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's no ship with both. If I recall correctly, it says "world" on both sheets. Ships can never be on any world (ships are in voids), therefore it's only ground units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grab
Poland
GdaƄsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The key here is the word "world". Both of the faction abilities allow you to build/place units on a "world", which means a planet. Ships are placed in voids, and when the game allows you to place doesn't spacify, the word "area" is used.

SO you can only build/teleport ground units.

Also remember lore justification - eldar warp gates are build on the ground. And orcs are in fact mushroom-animal hybrids, so the abilite allowes to to "grow" new orcs from spores. You can't grow a spaceship

Edit:ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruhlander
Germany
Regensburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Thanks! That "world" was my explanation to the others too. Now they have to buy it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.