J H
msg tools
I plan to play with 2-4 players.

Tell me what you have, name your price, and I'll pay for shipping as well.

I don't mind a few expansion cards thrown in there as well, as long as they're good and easy to understand. No "throwaways," please.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have any particular "block" you were thinking of for the cards? Your comment about expansions is confusing to me within the context that this is a CCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
FOTR and TT would be a good start, would also appreciate ROTK.

By expansions I mean non-starter deck cards.

Obviously I am new to this.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Guy
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.
I have full sets of all ten 'movie block' sets (including reflections) and many multiples of most of what you would want. PM me whatever price you are willing to pay and I can send you a tonnage of good stuff. If you have any particular cards or builds in mind that might help,but I honestly have anything you want. This is my favourite game, and back in the day, we would play four or five times a night, every night! Welcome aboard.
Happy gaming
Bryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeaHagSteph wrote:
FOTR and TT would be a good start, would also appreciate ROTK.

Okay well the blocks were broken up by movie, with a main set and then two expansions for each. You'd be much better off starting out with one block as a whole, getting cards from the base set and expansions. Each block has a new site path (which don't play nicely with each other), so I wouldn't go for just the big movie ones.

You may as well just start by trying to get some Fellowship, Mines of Moria, and Realm of the Elf Lords cards.

SeaHagSteph wrote:
By expansions I mean non-starter deck cards.

The starter decks were non-random, however, they were made up entirely of cards that you could also get in the booster packs. So while yes, there are plenty of "throwaway" cards in each set, the cards in the starters are by no means a guarantee of quality.

I wouldn't bother with getting more than one or two starters total. They give you the rulebook and a basic idea of how to build a deck through their example, but that's about it. After that there's almost no reason to buy them. There's one starter-only character in each, but for the most part they aren't that important.

SeaHagSteph wrote:
Obviously I am new to this.

Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
Thanks, Chris! Do you have cards to sell?

@Bryan: I PM'd you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
Are these good for starters? Would you get anything different/additional?

Gandalf Starting Deck
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Aragorn Starting Deck

Gimli Starting Deck (I only want to get 2 starters, not sure which is better out of these 3)

FOTR Booster

Moria Booster

Also, what does it mean to have a complete "Uncommon" set? (See link below.)

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...geAoAAOSwGotWqaHC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeaHagSteph wrote:
Thanks, Chris! Do you have cards to sell?

Well I have a whole boatload of Shadows block (the 4th year of the game) that I'd be happy to sell you. Basically one of each starter and then at least two booster boxes worth of the base and expansion sets. There's a ton of stuff there, but the site path mechanic works a bit differently.

The movie block cards that I own I'm going to hang onto. The reason why is that I had more fun when I was playing in those years, and by the time Shadows came out it wasn't quite the same. Plus Shadows changed all the minion factions, so the cards don't mix quite as nicely between the Shadows block and the older sets.

SeaHagSteph wrote:
Are these good for starters? Would you get anything different/additional?

I would probably buy Gandalf and Aragorn out of those three. Gimli's deck was fun too, but the Aragorn and Gandalf decks (I felt) were pretty good representatives of the minion cultures.

The booster boxes look fine too. Like I said, I would also probably get Realms of the Elf Lords too at some point, but that's a lot of cards to play around with.

To be honest though, I think you could probably get the cards cheaper by buying someone's collection. But I haven't looked into it in a while, so what do I know.

SeaHagSteph wrote:
Also, what does it mean to have a complete "Uncommon" set?

CCG's are set up with rarity levels in their cards. In each pack you'll get one rare card, 3 uncommons, and 7 commons. The seller in that listing is giving you a set of one of each of the uncommon rarity. If you bought the booster box of Mines and opened the packs, you'd probably get at least two full sets of uncommons, so I'm not sure I would get that unless I really needed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
Thanks, Chris.

After talking with you, and more research, I will most likely buy the Fellowship "block."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.