Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
RE: The NEW THEME

Okay, apologies to chaddyboy_2000, dyfrgi, and the others on the site with the "goo" avatar.

I don't get it.

Please elighten me on the source of the creature; the history; the joke; or whatever other information you can share.

I think it looks pretty neat, and love the color change for the geek in general. Let's keep it this way. But, only after you let me into the inner sanctum of understanding...

Peace, OUT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What's Up Goo?
Briefly:

Long ago BGG had a "Best Avatar" contest. Gelatinous Goo (eponymous avatar) and Chaddyboy (cow-copter avatar) were the finalists. (Or is that among the finalists?) They decided that the only way to win was to combine their two avatars into the "goo-copter." Chad's worn variants of that ever since.

Also, after the contest, dozens of Geeks melded the Goo with there own avatars, to humourous effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhh, I see that peoples avatars have become ifected with the goospring virus... ahhhh it's coming for me... MUST... RUN... NOOOOOO!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/977003#977003

Okay, I found a historical record of the "goocopter" which chaddyboy_2000 posted. Now, I know, and KNOWING is half the battle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.