Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Up Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: demo charge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't explicitly state, but rather imply, that the demo charge must be assigned to a specific personality card. correct?

if he dies or panics, the charge can be picked up by someone else?

Second, the FLANK movement card can be played, no matter what the RR is?

Once played, does the group it was played on count as moving?

Therefore half FS on a fire card, as well as the other effects of movement?

But is still considered flanking even if it drops into new terrain?



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteyWA wrote:
The rules don't explicitly state, but rather imply, that the demo charge must be assigned to a specific personality card. correct?


Yes, a specific man must carry it as a secondary weapon.

Quote:
if he dies or panics, the charge can be picked up by someone else?


Yes, using the usual method for weapon recovery. If he routs, he takes the demo charge with him.

Quote:
Second, the FLANK movement card can be played, no matter what the RR is?


Yes.

Quote:
Once played, does the group it was played on count as moving?


Yes.

Quote:
Therefore half FS on a fire card, as well as the other effects of movement?


Yes.

Quote:
But is still considered flanking even if it drops into new terrain?


Yes. The flank status is removed if the flanking group moves again, or if the flanked group moves or has terrain placed on it (the latter case if the group you are flanking is already moving).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteyWA wrote:
The rules don't explicitly state, but rather imply, that the demo charge must be assigned to a specific personality card. correct?


No, actually the riles are quite clear on this point.
21.1 SECONDARY WEAPONS: There are four types of secondary weapons: Demolition Charges [21.2], Panzerfausts [30.3], radios [40.0], and Anti-Tank Magnetic Mines [31.0]. Secondary weapons are represented by chits. Only unarmed men or those armed with a rifle, assault rifle, carbine, BAR, or machine pistol may carry a secondary weapon. No man may carry more than one secondary weapon.

Quote:

if he dies or panics, the charge can be picked up by someone else?


Yes, subject to the above rules. What occasionally happens a group with flamethrower man and a man with demo charge,. If one is killed, either the FT or DC will have to be abandoned.

Quote:
Second, the FLANK movement card can be played, no matter what the RR is?

Once played, does the group it was played on count as moving?

Therefore half FS on a fire card, as well as the other effects of movement?

But is still considered flanking even if it drops into new terrain?


There more to flanking than this:
- There has to be a front group (with same ID as the Flanked group)

Flank Fire chit is removed when:
- FLANKING group has movement card played on it, has wire played on it or rejects terrain (thus removing the flank movement card.) Key point not when terrain card is played on it .
- When the Flanked group plays a movement card on its group (even to remove wire or failed ford of a Stream.) or a terrain card (even if rejected).
- When the FRONT group is eliminated or transfers to change its Group ID.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rri1 wrote:
PeteyWA wrote:
The rules don't explicitly state, but rather imply, that the demo charge must be assigned to a specific personality card. correct?


No, actually the riles are quite clear on this point.
21.1 SECONDARY WEAPONS: There are four types of secondary weapons: Demolition Charges [21.2], Panzerfausts [30.3], radios [40.0], and Anti-Tank Magnetic Mines [31.0]. Secondary weapons are represented by chits. Only unarmed men or those armed with a rifle, assault rifle, carbine, BAR, or machine pistol may carry a secondary weapon. No man may carry more than one secondary weapon.


But that's not the same as saying it must be assigned to a specific character, merely describes who's eligible to carry it. Assigning it to a character is implied in the rule you cite.

The scenario doesn't specify that any particular character must carry it, so we assumed that we could assign it to anyone, according to the above specifications.

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteyWA wrote:
rri1 wrote:
PeteyWA wrote:
The rules don't explicitly state, but rather imply, that the demo charge must be assigned to a specific personality card. correct?


No, actually the riles are quite clear on this point.
21.1 SECONDARY WEAPONS: There are four types of secondary weapons: Demolition Charges [21.2], Panzerfausts [30.3], radios [40.0], and Anti-Tank Magnetic Mines [31.0]. Secondary weapons are represented by chits. Only unarmed men or those armed with a rifle, assault rifle, carbine, BAR, or machine pistol may carry a secondary weapon. No man may carry more than one secondary weapon.


But that's not the same as saying it must be assigned to a specific character, merely describes who's eligible to carry it. Assigning it to a character is implied in the rule you cite.


I mean it is always assigned to a specific man (i.e. THAT man is carrying the DC) rather than the entire group keeping it in common. (Which would have been a reasonable rule--just not the one they used.)

Quote:
The scenario doesn't specify that any particular character must carry it, so we assumed that we could assign it to anyone, according to the above specifications.


Any eligible man can carry a secondary weapon.

But the weapon's fate depends on THAT man that you chose: If he is killed, he drops the weapon which may be recovered per normal rules. If he routs, he takes it with him. If he is pinned, he will not fire it (or otherwise use it), etc.

However from a strategic point of view, most players assign the a demo charge to highest man in the group you plan on advancing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha. Agreed. I mean a guy would have to be high to pack a bag full of explosives around in a fire zone. Might as well give it to the highest guy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Prasse
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
PeteyWA wrote:
Gotcha. Agreed. I mean a guy would have to be high to back a bag full of explosives around in a fire zone. Might as well give it to the highest guy.


Very true !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.