Popular Tags: [View All]
David Mitchell
United States
Elk Grove
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend opened a game store in Sacramento and opened up a large area for gaming in the back. When I arrived everyone was in a game so I had time to browse before playing. I usually bring a lot of games to these types of events but today I had only one, Jetsetters. We played a game of Caylus when others arrived. After that game we had about 15 minuets before another game was finished so I twisted some arms and We tried Jetsetters with 4. The game plays very fast but it is not as light as first appears. With 4 players 5 cards are dealt and everyone chooses one. That is the extent of the game play. Within this though there are decisions to be made. There are 2 ways of scoring and the left over card affects one of these. There are also numbers on the cards that set turn order and of course the better this number the worse the card.

Everyone quickly became the leader in a type of transportation. The battle was in the final 2 types. I managed to become the leader in 2 of these and with high scoring cards in both of them. I was finally challenged in one of these and a tie was finally created. A tie scores the lowest card number you have while a lead scores the highest card number. In this group I had a 16 and a 3 (I think) so the difference was great. I took the highest turn order 3 times in a row hoping a card of the type I wanted would come up. That means I took 3 useless cards in a row. On the third try it came up but as a pair so the tie was maintained when the other player took the second card.

At the end of play there were 2 cards of each city in the travel agency (the left over cards after each draft) which gave us all the exact same score for that. It came down to the types of transportation that we each used. The player with the most of any type scored the highest numbered card in that type. The tied players score the lowest card in that type. I tied for first with two players close behind.

Although this game uses simple mechanics there was a lot of thought in every players choice. It is deeper then it appears and at 10 to 15 minuets this is a wonderful filler.

David
"Spooooon"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Schmitt
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hooray! I grew up in Grass Valley, so it's always nice to hear about the home town... Well, as close as you get to hearing about "the home town" when you're from GV. Glad you liked Jetsetters, it's one of my favorite Sushi Games as well. It and The Long Island Project and Zombies of Los Muertos High are my top three from the 9. I'll stop being bad and promoting RM games now

MechaShiva
Robot Martini

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.