Hide
4 Posts

World's Fair 1893» Forums » Rules

Subject: Removing cards with promos? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roadhouse Ogilvy
msg tools
I got 3 promo cards from the game store I got this at (1 midway ticket, 1 yellow exhibit, 1 blue exhibit). When playing with the promos should I remove more cards for the 2 or 4 player games? Should I remove cards for the 3 player game? I saw another post where one of the designers talked about card ratios. I did the math and the ratios are within 1% of the ratios without the promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After our first or second game (2 players) we quit removing any of the cards. And to be honest we couldn't tell a bit of difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably mathematically correct to remove "equivalent" regular cards anytime you use the promos but after about 10 games I don't think it makes a bit of difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoadhouseOgilvy wrote:
I got 3 promo cards from the game store I got this at (1 midway ticket, 1 yellow exhibit, 1 blue exhibit). When playing with the promos should I remove more cards for the 2 or 4 player games? Should I remove cards for the 3 player game? I saw another post where one of the designers talked about card ratios. I did the math and the ratios are within 1% of the ratios without the promos.

Generally, we advise to remove equivalent cards from the deck to keep an equal number of exhibits between all the types. That said, it's not a huge issue to just add them to the deck, and everyone has the foreknowledge that Electricity and Transportation exhibits will be slightly easier to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.