Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klaus Scharpf
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love to make simple custom inserts for games, and especially figure out how to store the game components that it is easy to get the game started.
With Samurai I couldn't resist using one of my easiest solutions and make it look nice.

First, Dollar Tree has an awesome three-pack of small white cardboard boxes, and I used the small box to give each player his/her separate box

You can see the small box on the bottom right in the package. I needed to use four separate packs, but I don't mind. I normally buy 10 packs at a time. I use them for so many different games.
The art on top of the boxes was done by copying the player screens, and then gluing on appropriate sized pieces.

Then I re-used FFGs game insert, but cut it a bit and made a small depression where the screens will go. I also copied the cover to put another piece of decoration in the bottom of the box:
The small bag for the plastic pieces I found at Target.. for a Dollar.

Here is a better view at the depression I made and how all the components fit inside:

I wanted a depression so that the boards can lay flat on top of everything.

Only thing left is to put the manual and the boards on top, and it is ready to be used.

I am always envious of all the awesome inserts I see here at BGG, but normally don't want to spend all the effort that goes into them.
So I try to come up with simple, yet effective solutions. Or maybe I am just lazy whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert
Netherlands
Voorburg
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good. I like how you re-used the original insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.