Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Stein
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arnhem is a legitimate victory city even though it doesn't have an Axis Flag, correct?

May you place an Axis marker in Arnhem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

kenstein wrote:
Arnhem is a legitimate victory city even though it doesn't have an Axis Flag, correct?

Yes, Arnhem is a victory city. (see rulebook, page 2, description #3).

The lack of a printed Axis flag indicates only that it can't be used as a location from which to spread an Axis Reaction. See the placement rules for Axis Reaction on page 12. Unless...

However, as long as you can trace a path of Axis markers back to Dusselforf (such as having Axis markers on Kleve and Rheinhausen) there's nothing preventing you from placing an Axis marker on Arnhem. Then in that case, you could spread an Axis Reaction from Arnhem, but it would be moot as there'd already be a marker in Kleve which would serve the same purpose.

I assume you're asking if it's possible to place an Axis marker there, only to prevent from having to place the marker elsewhere (otherwise from a gameplay perspective, an Axis marker in Arnhem has no effect if there's already one in Kleve). From my interpretation of the rules, I'd say it's perfectly legal to place a marker in Arnhem as long as you follow the rules for placing markers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, an Axis marker will require combat to enter it! Otherwise the red player simply marches in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhere in this forum I read the idea of the designers: "Monty thought their was no Axis marker in Arnhem when he started Market Garden, but there was!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaro Andruszkiewicz
England
St Albans
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
Somewhere in this forum I read the idea of the designers: "Monty thought their was no Axis marker in Arnhem when he started Market Garden, but there was!"

Kinda, placed last minute as he prepared for the final push
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Almecho wrote:
Also, an Axis marker will require combat to enter it! Otherwise the red player simply marches in!

Yes, a very good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waldek Gumienny
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

kenstein wrote:

Yes, Arnhem is a victory city. (see rulebook, page 2, description #3).

The lack of a printed Axis flag indicates only that it can't be used as a location from which to spread an Axis Reaction. See the placement rules for Axis Reaction on page 12. Unless...

However, as long as you can trace a path of Axis markers back to Dusselforf (such as having Axis markers on Kleve and Rheinhausen) there's nothing preventing you from placing an Axis marker on Arnhem. Then in that case, you could spread an Axis Reaction from Arnhem, but it would be moot as there'd already be a marker in Kleve which would serve the same purpose.

I assume you're asking if it's possible to place an Axis marker there, only to prevent from having to place the marker elsewhere (otherwise from a gameplay perspective, an Axis marker in Arnhem has no effect if there's already one in Kleve). From my interpretation of the rules, I'd say it's perfectly legal to place a marker in Arnhem as long as you follow the rules for placing markers!

Absolutely correct interpretation.

BTW, if there is no Axis marker in Arhnem and only one in Kleve, someone might want to repeat the Market Garden operation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.