Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Wise driving allows you to discard cards from your hand and replenish back to your hand limit. What's the rule regarding cards used for contests? Yesterday we assumed that as we can't use those cards for racing that turn, they are not taken into account for our hand limit (and may also not be discarded, of course).

Another question, do the three blue chits for expert rain substitute three black tyre chits the same way they do with soft tyres? I suppose they do, but would like some confirmation.

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With any skill, any frozen cards you have (from a contest) have always counted against your hand limit. I do not think Wise Driving changes that. They count.

As for the rain expert, I believe that the blue chits do NOT substitute for black chips. You just get them. There is no indication in the exp 2 rules that they would. However, Alessandro added that skill after we finished testing, so I have never used that skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 7 of the 3.0L rulebook,
"Cards played in the contest are frozen on the table throughout the turn; i.e. the owner will not be able to use them during the entire game turn. Also these cards cannot be discarded during a pit stop, they must be kept and count when calculating the total number of cards in the player’s hand."

The rules were not updated yet to include expansion 2, but I agree with Stan. They count as in your hand, the race cards used in the contest count toward your hand limit [not the track card(s) used], and they cannot be discarded.

There is nothing in the rulebook about removing three tyre chips for the rain expert skill. The chips were designed to be a boost when fitting rain tyres. This skill is really not one of the best, but it can be fun when the weather is uncertain or rainy. You just have to keep it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.