Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Sison
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I know. I was shopping for work clothes with my best buds and came across a stack of pizza box football that they were blowing out. also available: imaginiff and last word for $7.97.. oh and a couple of different kinds of monopoly (if you're into sick stuff like that...)

I was in the Santa Anita Mall, here in Arcadia CA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why didn't I look there when I was at that same mall last night seeing the bizarre-beyond-belief Meet the Robinsons with the kids?

I guess I'm stopping there on the way home tomorrow night...

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I keep hearing about this, but I checked my JC Penney and they didn't have any. Boo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Sison
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! I listen to your podcast (I applaud your multi-tasking skills - driving and podcasting). Yeah, that mall is right off your 210 commute home to Glendora. They had stacks of them as of three o'clock yesterday. Good luck!

Dennis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's so sad. I have my mother heading out to the store in Montclair this morning to see if they have them (okay, she mentioned she was going there today anyway...she isn't at the whim of my desire to by discounted games). But, if not, I'll be stopping by in the hopefully light Monday traffic.

Now that I've figured out recording on my Blackjack, I may be doing more driving podcasts again. We shall see if the designer game world can handle any more episodes, though, what with the amazing proliferation of podcasts out there now.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Sison
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Way to delegate!

While I agree with your comment on the proliferation of podcasts, they are (un)fortunately mostly of good quality and so I tend to listen to all of them. I arguably spend more time listening to you guys than I do playing games. That's definitely something I need to rectify! Your game sessions were always worth a good listen on my drive home. I commute from Temple City to Encino for work five days a week, so you can imagine how much podcast listening I get to do on a daily basis.

Take care.

Dennis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
flakybiscuit
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to a local JCP here in Raleigh and all I could find were the 50% off monopoly sets. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosmo Kramer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip. I guess I was extra lucky. My local JC Penny had one left and made me pay the grand total of .97!! Time for a little Monday Night Football! (cue Hank Williams Jr.:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smidt
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those in the Denver-metro area: Don't bother looking at your local JCPenney's here... I just drove about 60 miles cleaning the last 4 boxes out of 2 malls up north. The guy I called at the Aurora Mall said, "No, we don't have any left... I just bought the last stack for myself for 97 cents each. Man that's a great game!" (Way to rub it in, man...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yodennis2000 wrote:
Way to delegate!

While I agree with your comment on the proliferation of podcasts, they are (un)fortunately mostly of good quality and so I tend to listen to all of them. I arguably spend more time listening to you guys than I do playing games. That's definitely something I need to rectify! Your game sessions were always worth a good listen on my drive home. I commute from Temple City to Encino for work five days a week, so you can imagine how much podcast listening I get to do on a daily basis.

Take care.

Dennis

I know exactly where you go - I grew up in Temple City and used to work in the valley when I was at Disney. Eek - not a great drive.

Thanks for the tip - I hit the Santa Anita mall and got two copies (one extra for trade or just to give some nice person). They still had a bunch left.

...Sheylon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Sison
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of time in the car to reflect on one's existence... or listen to gaming podcasts

Dennis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are still $6.97 here.

What are good gaming podcasts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottandkimr wrote:
They are still $6.97 here.

What are good gaming podcasts?

Hmm...I don't know any.

...Sheylon
www.boardgamebabylon.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
They are $2.97 at the Glendale (CA) Galleria JC Penney. There's about 6 copies left there, as of earlier this evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.