Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I was at a local used bookstore today and saw Nuclear War on their game shelf. I nearly yelled "Mine!" when I saw it, but I was dismayed to see its $30 price tag. It was in good shape, but as I recall the thing only goes for around $30 brand new, retail.

It did, though, seem like it might have been a bit heavy...perhaps there were some expansion packs in there or something.

Anyone have any ideas? Mind you, the store tends to price things roughly in line with how much you might pay on eBay, but in this case it seemed rather high.

Can someone weigh their copy and tell me the results?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if you go back to the shop to weigh their copy and tell us the results first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Only if you go back to the shop to weigh their copy and tell us the results first.

I think they'd frown on me bringing my postal scale into the store. Not only that, but we'd have to worry about variations in cellophane density, packaging composition... It probably was a bad idea to get a weight poll.

Nah, in all seriousness, I might go back and see if they'll let me open it to inventory the contents, and go from there. If they say no, then that's an easy decision--I'll simply pick up a copy, eventually, from another source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My wife and I went back to the store to buy her some used books (she reads like it's going out of style). They still had Nuclear War, so I asked if I could inventory it. They agreed, and I bought it on the spot.

At first I saw only Bonus Pack #1 inside, but when I got home I found that all of the Booster Pack cards were included as well--and as I found from their Web site, to get one of each card would be $35. To top it off, the game is basically brand new and never played...the cellophane is still around the base game cards, and only one of the population sheets was cut.

Not bad at all for $30! I'm quite pleased and very happy that I finally got this game. Now on to get Nuclear Proliferation and Nuclear Escalation...!

EDIT: After further reading the company's Web site, it appears what I actually have is the "Booster Pack Special Deal," which does include all the cards plus extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And how much does it weigh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Big Bad Lex wrote:

Roughly that of an unladen swallow. Give or take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Sparks
United States
Christiansburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carl67lp wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:

Roughly that of an unladen swallow. Give or take.

African or European? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mrmarcus wrote:
African or European? devil

Good question. I can't seem to keep either one on my scale long enough to get an accurate weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.