Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On last para of Page 6 as the example details the results of battle, the text states "French Prep further increases from 17 to 20 (2.3.9)" Checking that referenced para, it doesn't seem to cover why the increase. After reviewing the rules, I can't find a reason for the French to have their preparation increase for a battle they didn't participate in.

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The battle must've had three British cubes die. CBC increases French Prep. (Cumulative British Casualties)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkobla Conn wrote:
On last para of Page 6 as the example details the results of battle, the text states "French Prep further increases from 17 to 20 (2.3.9)" Checking that referenced para, it doesn't seem to cover why the increase. After reviewing the rules, I can't find a reason for the French to have their preparation increase for a battle they didn't participate in.

Thanks,

"All cubes and Forts lost go to Casualties so Cumulative British Casualties (CBC) and its counterpart Combined Rebellion Casualties (CRC) are each increased by three, leaving CBC at four and CRC at seven (1.6.4). French Prep further increases from 17 to 20 (2.3.9)"

French Prep is CBC + Available Regulars + Squadrons in WI. CBC went up by 3.

If the Patriots kill enough British (Saratoga as an example of 1 large group) the French gain enough confidence to enter the war.

playbook references 2.3.9 - might want to read that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - I did read that section and missed it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkobla Conn wrote:
Thanks - I did read that section and missed it...

No worries. Hope you enjoy the game. Let us know how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan

Grand Rapids
Michigan
msg tools
Thanks for the question. I missed that one, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.