6 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Variants

Subject: Infection Mechanic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean

Washington
msg tools
I was playing around with the idea of adding an infection mechanic to the game. I was thinking something like this:

Whenever a hero takes a wound they roll a D6. If they roll a 1, they are infected with the plague. Place an infected card or token on the survivor's dashboard (make your own). An infected hero takes a wound at the start of each zombie movement phase. If they die, they are replaced by a zombie (or Abomination if you want more difficulty).

To remove the infection, a hero has two options. One is to be targeted by the "healing" enchantment. Instead of removing a wound, they may remove the infection. The other option is an "amputation". To do this, the infected hero or a teammate uses an action to remove a limb from the infected hero. To remove a limb, a hero must have either some type of sword or axe equipped. For the rest of the game, a hero who has had an amputation can only use one hand slot on the dashboard. Mark the amputated hand with a token or amputation card.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds pretty Gruesome to me. I don't know if we are ready for that kind of carnage in Zombicide. I mean killing zombies is one thing but cutting our own arms off... that's just sick and wrong. However, the mechanic sounds pretty um... sound!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea that if a hero dies he comes back as a zombie. Very thematic, and I am curious why that isn't already in the base rules??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll also need a torch for the amputation, if you don't want your hero to bleed to the death!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol.... I kind of like this. I`m being playing around to make the rat do some kind of infection.
haven't come with one yet that I like enough...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
M√ľnchen
Bayern
flag msg tools
I am the one who mods!
badge
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this could be cool, but i would roll a die in the zombieturn to determine if the infected survivor gets a wound. Or maybe two dice: on snake eyes you immediately turn, on 3-5 you get one wound. 6-11 nothing happens, on a 12 your body fights the infestation off.

This would lead to a difficult choice between cutting of a limb and potentially getting zombie. With the guaranteed wound its always better to cut of that limb because you'll know you`re gonna turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.