Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Helms
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We used to play Kingmaker all the time back in 80s. However, most games degenerated into hours and hours of play of "Warden of the Northern marches to Bamburgh" and we spent half our time finding all the places the nobles had to go. This made for some very boring games and I'm not sure if we ever finished any. There were also issues with stacking nobles and hoarding cards. Therefore, these are some of my main reasons for not introducing this game to my present gaming group.

Basically, I'm looking for well-playtested rules that will shorten this game and make it fun to play without it being overly complicated. Are there any?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sarnecki
Australia
Melbourne (north)
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Avalon Hill rules include a time-limited short game, in which you're aiming to have the most votes in Parliament after the allotted time. That doesn't change the mechanics of the game, however.

I'm also interested in seeing how my group might go with the game. I haven't played in about twenty-five years. I'm thinking of allowing allied players to have a shared win. My biggest problem, though, is probably that we've had a diet of Euros for a couple of years now. Trying to persuade some of the others to play the game for the experience rather than the result could make it a hard sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.