Subject: Victory conditions and # players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Part of the human victory conditions is to have searched each of the searchable areas on the board.

It seems like this would get significantly easier with more human players, and harder with fewer (e.g. - 4 humans can do the searches 4 times as quickly as one!). On the face of it, this seems unbalanced as the zombie players victory conditions remain unchanged (relatively speaking)

Am I missing something? I'm assuming this was not the author's intent, especially as the authors make a point of saying any number can play. Is this a non-issue in practice? How do the rest of you keep victory conditions balanced?

What about requiring each human to search each spot?

TIA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Victory conditions and
It still seems fairly balanced, 4 Humans VS 16 (base) Zombies.

If each player only searches one square apiece there is always the chance they won't come up with a decent weapon, or the chance they may run out of ammo.

Plus 16 Zombies knocking on the doors/windows (4+ Zombies on each side), it won't take them long to smash them down. If all exits from the house are boarded up at this stage... :0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Victory conditions and
If all exits from the house are boarded up at this stage... :0

I meant to say if most of the exits are boarded up. As if they were all boarded up it would be the end of the game!

Then again... if there were Zombies still in the house

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dupree
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question
Does the max # of zombies go down if one or more humans die? Or does it stay set at 4 times the number of humans that started the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Another question
stannius (#23046),

Does the max # of zombies go down if one or more humans die? Or does it stay set at 4 times the number of humans that started the game?

The max # of Zombies goes down as humans are killed. They are only replaced back up to 4 times the number of players left alive. This I believe to be the correct ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
zombiegod (#23091),
As humans are killed and become zombies (and max # zombies decreases), are "surplus" zombies taken off the board (if so, how?), or just not replaced if/when undead forces take losses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
them (#41755),

Humans turned into Zombies & any Special skill Zombies "surprise" Dead Resident" etc do not count towards the maximum # of Zombies allowed.

Any other Zombies are not replaced past the number allowed for the amount of humans left alive. If there ARE more, which will more than likely be the case when a player is killed, they remain until destroyed. Zombie levels will eventually (through disposal) fall back down to the max # allowed for the amount of humans left alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.