Clans» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David K
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were able to get 4 players together for some Sunday gaming (Bryan, Hensley, Scott and myself (Dave)). I decided to introduce Bryan and Hensley to Clans. Scott expressed an interest in playing, so we decided to try a 3-way game. I chose to sit out, because knowing what I know of the game, 4 players seemed like it wouldn't be that fun.

Well, as it turns out, 3 player isn't that engaging either. The bluffing and maneuvering becomes muddled -- or, to put it another way, the game becomes too chaotic. Scott managed to come out victorious, while Bryan took last place -- which is incredibly uncharacteristic of him (he's, basically, a gaming phenom). Final scores (and ratings):

Scott: 45 (8)
Hensley: 39 (7)
Bryan: 33 (5)

Afterwards we played a game of Puerto Rico. When that was finished, we decided to do a couple more 2 player games of Clans.

I was matched up against Scott. I was lucky enough to keep my tribe secret for most of the game, while correctly guessing his at about the 2nd or 3rd epoch. This is probably obvious advice, but there are occassions when it's advantageous to score a village that doesn't contain any of your huts -- if done at the right moment it can really leave your opponent wondering what tribe you're representing. The drawback, of course, is that you could conceivably lose the game during the final scoring.

At the end of the game I was to emerge victorious -- through secrecy and deft maneuvering. Final scores (and ratings):

Dave: 52 (7)
Scott: 48 (7)

The winner of the previous game was slated to play against Mr. Hensley. The outcome of this game was quite a bit different. Hensley managed to score scads of points throughout the game. I was never really able to determine what color he was playing, so I, basically, assumed that any color ahead of me on the score track could be him -- this factored largely into the moves I made. Needless to say, this plan of action didn't help me too much. I lost, and I lost bad. Final scores (and ratings):

Hensley: 65 (8)
Dave: 40 (6)

Final notes: Don't play Clans with more than two people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.