Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great if someone could post the rules in English as I find the short description leaves some points uncovered.
I picked the game up in Germany last week and it's a lot of fun for my children but we are having to invent house rules to close the gaps.

Perhaps someone can help:

I have just completed a row and replenished to five cards. I want to keep Roman bashing. If I choose a column it will now only have three face down cards - is it ok to fight my way down this column or do I have to add another card to it before setting off ?

Does the game also end when the draw deck of Legionnaires is exhausted or do we keep fighting until we get all the feasts ?

When can I throw away a card to look at the end card in the row ? Any time or just before I attack it ? [Suppose I turn up a pirate as the third card - can I discard a card, to look at the end card, before choosing which card to bash the pirate with ?)

So many questions, by Toutatis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Luedtke
Germany
Duisburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
1. When you have beaten a complete row of 4 cards you can choose any row to go on. You replenish the cards on the table only after you have ended your turn.

2. The game ends after revealing the 5th dorffeast card. No matter if the legionnaires deck is exhausted before.

3. You can do this only at the beginning of your turn before you turn over the first card in the row chosen.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Lüdtke / TM-Spiele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. When you have beaten a complete row of 4 cards you can choose any row to go on. You replenish the cards on the table only after you have ended your turn.

Could you clarify - when you say row, you mean row or column.

That is to say that your interpretation of row is not only left/right but also up/down ?

So I can run along a row of four. Come down a column which is now three and then cut along another row of three ? So the more I push my luck the easier it (theoretically) becomes ?

Thanks for clearing up the other points !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Luedtke
Germany
Duisburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
It does not matter if it is a row or a column. Sorry for confusing you.

You are right, with less cards it is easier to beat all cards in a row or column. But you do not get an extra turn for a row (or column) which has less than 4 cards.

Btw, it is no interpretation. These are the offical rules as we have edited the game for Kosmos.

Best,

Wolfgang Lüdtke / TM-Spiele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
But you do not get an extra turn for a row (or column) which has less than 4 cards.

Ah - ok, thanks for that. It was not clear in the summary that I had seen.

Quote:
Btw, it is no interpretation

Sorry I was not questioning your translation but trying to clarify your use of the word row in your explanation. Being pedantic a row is only horizontal, a column vertical. I was just checking my personal understanding of what you had written and not your translation from the German !

Thanks for your help - it's much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Smith
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did my best to translate the manual. I do not speak German, used Babelfish and other web sites to do the translating. Then I reworded the Babel-ish into readable English. I just submitted what I have so far. If/when it gets approved feel free to comment on what should be rewritten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.