Subject: Online Diplomacy game starting. Looking for players. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to start a new BGG members only Diplomacy game on Dipbounced. (http://www.dipbounced.com)

If you're interested, reply to this thread. We'll start the game when we have 7 players.

If you are interested, please note that this requires a several month commitment where you must login every couple of days to submit your orders and communicate with the other players through the online interface. There will be no order deadlines on weekends, and I can pause the game on request if you will be unavailable for a brief period.

When you reply to this thread, please indicate whether you would prefer to play with 48 or 72 hour turns, and whether or not your would prefer that I enable gray press (anonymous messaging) in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Cole
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'd like to. Any of those choices are good with me, but my preferences would be 72 hour turns with grey press enabled.

Thanks,
Forest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to play. Grey press just means you can post general "news stories," or that you can message somebody individually without identifying yourself?

Stven Carlberg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petras Ražanskas
Lithuania
Kaunas
Kauno apskritis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to join. I'd prefer 72-hour turns with grey press enabled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ballinger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play, but will also defer if you get seven others. I like faster games, but can go either way. Gray press is okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a placeholder player seat reservation for malloc, who contacted me to start a new game in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
count me in
48 hr turns

grey allowed.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused about DIPBOUNCED. Is there a web interface on the site posting turn resolutions (with graphics?) or is it all done though the emails and each player keeps track on their own at home?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a web interface that handles all messaging and maps. (Every aspect of the game is contained within the online interface.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far we have:

simply4est
ssmooth
carnifex
thniff
malloc

Looking to 2 more players. (If there is enough interest, we can probably start another game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petras Ražanskas
Lithuania
Kaunas
Kauno apskritis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to add that I don't mind 48 hour turns either after all. So count me as "indifferent"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Cole
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Either 72 or 48 would be fine with me too.

Forest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, How about we go with 48, but I will extend the deadlines for the first couple of turns of negotiation to 72.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Cole
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sounds good!

Forest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Edwards
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm in if you still need another player - I don't even mind being Italy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty M
Ireland
Fermoy
Co Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if I'm too late for this or not, but would love to join this game. Ideally, would prefer 72 hours, but can manage 48 hours without any problem. Would prefer not to have grey press, but again am flexible.

Marty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Necronomicon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you've got 7 now, but if you need another player, drop me a line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, we have our 7:

simply4est
ssmooth
carnifex
thniff
malloc
Teddet
elirlandes

We will do 48 hour turns with gray press. I will extend the deadlines for the first three turns to 72 hours. No orders due on weekends.

Would you like random power assignment, or do you want to enter your preferences in dipbounced?

Please send me a geekmail with your dipbounced id, and I will create the game. Also, please let me know if you have used dipbounced before. (So I can help you out with the interface.)

(If there is still enough interest for other players, a 2nd game can be started.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Cole
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Great, we have seven!

I'd prefer random assignment.

If you build up more players and get stuck at six for a second game, I'll be happy to be in another game.

Now should I get a Backstabber microbadge now, or wait until after the game and see how many want to buy me one, lol?

Forest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Thor Wagner
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
No one wants to mess with an irate aquatic rodent!! Angry Beavers Clan of Canada
badge
FIOR GO BAS
mbmbmbmbmb
Shucks

I guess I'm too late to join in on this one. If anyone has to drop out PM me and I'll take their place.

At your service,
Thor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Cole
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
norseman1066 wrote:
Shucks

I guess I'm too late to join in on this one. If anyone has to drop out PM me and I'll take their place.

At your service,
Thor

Or you could join the budding second game crew 8^D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petras Ražanskas
Lithuania
Kaunas
Kauno apskritis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simply4est wrote:
I'd prefer random assignment.

Ditto. I have already expressed my opinion about Italy, but I don't mind playing any power, even Italy. It just sucks to be Italy, but... ah well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a problem with Dipbounced. I asked for a new password last week and haven't received anything. I even tried using another email address to register a new account and haven't received anything in three days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not alone. I have sent an e-mail to the site admin. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam russell
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
i would love to play as well, i would prefer 48 hour turns but either way is fine and i dont care about grey press

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.