Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Setting

Red Alert! Red Alert! The familiar claxon goes off and you rush to your ready station. You are apprised of the situation by Tuvok – Captain Janeway has been compromised by...something. The Doctor suspects it to be some form of alien. Tuvok suspects at least one crewmember beyond Janeway is compromised. Tuvok and Chakotay had successfully stunned her and gotten her to sickbay, but someone broke into there and helped her escape, and her helper had the ability to compromise security in the location.

You are told to be on alert for Janeway and to stun her if seen. Security is set to finding who compromised the cameras. The ship drops out of warp and Paris exclaims that the warp engines are offline! B’Ellana confirms and the engineering team is put to work fixing it.

…you are stranded in deep space, with a traitor and a rouge Janeway. Senior staff are working on the problems and doing investigations…and so are you.

Good Roles
Each good team player represents a various crew member type (discussed later).

Evil Roles
They are around. They are evil. There are at LEAST two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: TNG Trilogy Part 3 - Voyage of the Voager Game Thread
The Player Roster

17 players

bwt2q
DarthVain
dkromm
Esuh
greek2me
gregarious
Ithicks
Luckayluck
Praisechick
Rasattack
Royalflush
Rukasu
seanp
TheArchAngel
Verti
whirlinghurly
xandryyte

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rules

Characters

- Each unique player is a character.

All characters may move once per night and take an action at their new location.

General Concepts

You are on your ship...and you are quite familiar with it since you have been stuck on it for years now. All decks are accessable and you will recognize things that are out of place almost all the time.

This game is intended to play out very much like an episode as you would see on television.

Actions

In general, each character may take 1 action per night in their current location, then move to any location they want.

Actions (and their order of execution) for all characters:
• Guard System
• Attack System
• Repair System
• Use Computer
• Use Item

Action Descriptions

Guard System

Any character may choose to Guard a System. Some systems when guarded cause the entire deck to be guarded (ie the Bridge). If you have a phaser, you automatically block any attack in that location. If you don't, you have a 33% chance of success.

Attack System

Any character may choose to Attack a System. Some systems when attacked cause different things to happen on the ship...be wary of damaging some places...you might all die. Each attack on a system will add one damage unit to the system (in most cases)

Repair System

Any character may choose to Repair a System....with varying levels of success. If you are skilled in repair, you can remove a full unit of damage a night. If you are skilled in usage of that particular system, you remove 1/2 a unit with a chance to remoev a full unit. If neither of the above apply, the best you can do is 1/4 a unit, but you *might* make it worse.

Use Item

Specific to item in question. If you have an item and want to know what using it will do...ask.

Use Computer

Different terminals do different things. Which commands are available depends on the user and location.

Transporters

The ship has a transporter room. You probably won't need it since the turbolifts grant full shipwide access. It is here, however, if you want to get creative for some reason.

The site-2-site is limited usage per night and very few people can do it.

Stunned

Every attack/defense of a location has a chance to generate stunned status on attacker and/or defender. Each character has a 25% chance of this happening, with certain characters more likely to score a hit (hint...security guys are better shots). If you are stunned, you will not be allowed to post until 4 hours before lynch time.

Lynches

The players in this game represnet the set of crewmen who CANNOT be cleared for one reason or another of helping Janeway escape. You are all under suspicion. But the command crew don't have time to round you all up, nor is it reasonable to lock you all up at one time due to the current shipwide situation.

Being good Federation Officers, you all decide to one-by-one report for detention and interviews. This will be done by public vote. You can choose to twice no-lynch should the manpower be needed.

All such players will be sedated by medical staff and be out of the game (most likely). There is a slim chance of revival though. There will be a "dead" chatroom.

Night Kills

There really aren't any. People can die from explosions and being sucked into space, but the concept of the traditional night kill does not work here.

You might expect phasers to be set on "Kill" by a baddie. Any such use would certainly result in death, if it hits.

Computer Commands

There are 4 types of commands: Command/Medical/Security/Science. Commands available to a character will be presented to them when they choose to use a computer interface. Some computer terminals can do things others cannot…

Surprises

There are plenty of them lying in wait.

Shapeshifters

Just kidding.

N0 Rules

everyone chooses a location to start at and an action. No kills.

Victory Conditions

Crew

- Capture Janeway
- Figure out who helped her escape from sick-bay (and why)
- Repair the ship to warp worthyness again

Baddies

- Reach Pairity with Crew
- Secret VC known only to them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Decks

All locations list any systems that may be targeted by actions after their name.

There will be a Cassie room created FOR EVERY ROOM. You can chat all you want. N

Deck 1
Restricted access to those who have command authority.

Bridge
- Conn
- Primary Communications
- Security Terminal
- Tactical Terminal
- Science Terminal
- Main Bridge Screen
- Spacesuit Locker
- Weapons Locker

Captain's Ready Room
- Computer Terminal

Conference Room
- None

Deck 2
Mess Hall
- Replicators

Kitchen
- None

Deck 3
Janeway's Quarters
- Replicator
- Computer Terminal

General Crew Quarters
- None

Deck 4
Transporter Room
- Transporter system

General Crew Quarters
- None

Cargo Bay 2
- None

Deck 5
Sickbay
- Computer Terminal
- Medical Beds

Medical Lab
- Medical Research Terminal

Deck 6
Holodeck
- Holodeck systems

(note, these are mostly useless in this game. They do NOT have the neat applications from DS9)

General Crew Quarters
- None

Tuvok's Quarters
- Terminal

Maintenance Bays
- Aux Computer Core
- Aux Main Deflector

Deck 7
Maintenance Bays
- Primary Computer Core

Security
- Weapons Locker
- Security Terminal

Deck 8
Astrometrics
- Major Science System

Science Liab
- Science System

Seven's Cargo Bay
- Borg Coves

Deck 9
Crew Quarters
- None

Shuttle Bay
- Shuttle Controls

Deck 10
Maintenance Bays
- Primary Computer Core
- Main Sensor Package

Shuttle Bay
- Shuttle Controls

Deck 11
Main Engineering
- Warp Core
- Plasma Manifolds
- Field Generators

Maintenance Bays
- Main Defelector

Deck 12
Ship Core Systems
- Warp Core
- Life Support
- Command Processors
- Command Terminal

Deck 13
Unknown

Deck 14
Ship Core Systems
- Antimater Processing
-

Deck 15
Ship Core Systems
- Primary Plasma Relays
- Deuterium Processing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Roles and Attributes

Each player is assigned an overall role. Your overall role defines what you excell at.

Roles
Engineer
- You can access maintenance bays
- You have repair ability...for all systems
- You can execute certain Engineering commands others cannot

Science Officer
- You can access all science labs
- You have repair science systems
- You can execute certain Science commands others cannot

Security Officer
- You can access all locations on the ship, except the Bridge.
- You start with a phaser
- You can execute certain Security commands others cannot

Aux Command Officer
- You can access all location on the ship.
- You *might* start with a phaser
- You have repair ability...for whatever command systems you an expert in.
- You can execute certain Command commands others cannot

Medical Assistant
- You can repair medical equipment
- You can execute certain Medical commands others cannot

***I'd encourage you to not reveal this very much...since Medical = Seer...

Attributes
There are 5 attributes. Each of you will have a value for each of these.

In general, you will be 100% at your primary role's attribute, meaning you always succeed at what you attempt to do in that area. There may be some things you get a negative modifier for...you'll be told when that happens.

All other attributes will be assigned randomly to give everyone some variance. The attributes and the extra abilities tie

The attributes (not surprisingly) are:

- Engineering
- Science
- Medical
- Command
- Security

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ship Status

This section will always contain the current status of any damaged ship systems, as well as any locations that are currently blocked by emergency force fields (for your own health).

Ship Warp Capacity = None. Critical Systems Still Damaged!

Critical Systems with Damage:
Warp Core - 8 units
Main Deflector - 7 units
Aux Deflector - 3 units
Plasma Manifolds - 5 units

Minor Systems with Damage:
Holodecks - 1 unit
Bridge Conn - 1 unit
Life Support - 2 units (will cause rooms to flip in and out of habitablity)

***ANYBODY WHO KNOWS HOW TO TAB IN BGG....PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: TNG Trilogy Part 3 - Voyage of the Voyager Game Thread..
r{game has now started. There was a Cassie issue with the voting instructions...it will be LHLV.

Roles are in Cassie, as are chat rooms. Please submit N0 orders and ask all questions. N0 will run until I get all orders in or tomorrow night sometime. That should give you plenty of time to review and ask whatever you need to...some of you will undoubtably have some questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we talk during N0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Royalflush wrote:
Can we talk during N0?

yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think we ought to get those engines fixed. Who knows what could be approaching us after the sabotage and I, for one, don't want to be here to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we also need to get the Life Support system repaired. We don't need any preventable deaths on our hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
r{if you are alone in a location, I will still create the chat so you see nobody is there.

All the chats will reset every day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~MUST LOVE~ ~Geeky Time Lords~
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: TNG Trilogy Part 3 - Voyage of the Voyager Game Thread...N0
"Let's compromise. Let's fix Life Support first and then the Engines? Common sense says that being able to breathe while repairing the Engines would be a good thing."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheArchAngel wrote:
"Let's compromise. Let's fix Life Support first and then the Engines? Common sense says that being able to breathe while repairing the Engines would be a good thing."

r{remember you can all spread out and do some repair to each system, assuming they are guarded and don't take additional damage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Generic Rough Draft Plan:

17 People under suspicion. I'm going to assume 3 are evil, which may or may not be an accurate number, but it'll be where I'm going to start.

So, that would be 14 of us which are genuinely for the good health of Voyager. How many of each class are there, Engineer / Science Officer / Security / Aux Command / Medical Assistant? Well, this is a pure guess, but a guess is where we start, and it's an educated guess...

5: Engineer
3: Science Officer
3: Security Officer
2: Aux Command
1: Medical Assistant

Who knows, really? However, the point of this exercise is basically to have as few actions duplicated as possible. Duplication is inefficient. Obviously, we want to get Life Support up as soon as possible, and as much as getting the engines running is a priority, it's something that we can't quite shoot for yet.

Now how can we not duplicate actions? How can we basically guarantee that Life Support is fixed, but not everyone is doing it, yet how do we guarantee that everybody plays the chicken game and NOBODY fixes life support?

Well, there's not much we can do in these regards. I will, however, play the odds and attempt to instill a little order into the chaos here. Let's divide up to two main teams.

** SUGGESTED SPLIT **

bw2tq - LuckayLuck: 8 names are contained in this list.
Praisechick - Xandryyte: 9 names are contained in this list.

Let's have the Praisechick - Xandryyte team work on Life Support. If you can fix it, do it - if you can guard the place from tampering, do so. (Deck 12). I'm hoping that at least 2 of the 9 of you can fix a full unit of Life Support, thus making it fixed.

Let's have the bw2tq - LuckayLuck team work on getting the ship back online. If you can fix any of the Warp Core, Aux Defelector, or Plasma Manifolds, get on it. If you can guard MAIN ENGINEERING, do so. Notice that I did not suggest fixing the Main Deflector yet; this is because we can't spare the guards for that location yet.

If you're a science officer, aux. command, or a Medical Assistant and cannot help fix the systems, then you're free to do your own thing. There seems to be a couple of major hotspots for Aux. Command, which I assume is the second most important position from Medical Assistant as one can only get on the bridge as the Aux. Command...

Obviously, getting to the bridge and taking a look at any one of the terminals is a key piece of information that we need. I strongly discourage going to the Captain's Ready Room -- with Janeway gone rogue, being stuck alone in that little room could be disastrous.

In regards to science, I don't believe we have a lot of time to play around with experiments at the moment, but I believe we'll be finding some evidence as to what happened with Janeway...there are a couple of interesting rooms. I won't name any in paritcular so those who would sabotage the ship could possibly cut you off there. Try not to go into the more obvious locations...

If we follow this plan, we should be able to have the engineers well protected and off operating in the places which need fixing, under good guard by security. We must stick together in this time of suspicion. Live together, die alone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I'm under the impression that the chat rooms are annonymous, correct? Can't see who's in the same room with you, just know the number of people with you?
Because if they aren't, my plan obviously spectacularly makes us lose quite spectacularly by letting the evils know who our aux. command / medical / science guys are right off the bat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
jaredh wrote:

ninja If you mean what I think you mean, the best you can probably do is use a tag to switch to a fixed-width font (c or s). ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I could have sworn I saw somewhere that N0 wasn't to be planned out... But other nights can be...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LuckayLuck wrote:
I'm under the impression that the chat rooms are annonymous, correct? Can't see who's in the same room with you, just know the number of people with you?
Because if they aren't, my plan obviously spectacularly makes us lose quite spectacularly by letting the evils know who our aux. command / medical / science guys are right off the bat.

r{the room chats are annonymous to a point...you will have to discover what that means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lardarse wrote:
jaredh wrote:

ninja If you mean what I think you mean, the best you can probably do is use a tag to switch to a fixed-width font (c or s). ninja

r{somebody already showled this to me...you can do it as code entries

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Please ignore my plan until we figure out what annoymousness means.
Carry on, crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think everyone should reveal their affiliation. I'm a Science Officer and I feel kind of useless right now. I'll volunteer to help fix the Aux Deflector. Hopefully a security person can come guard me. I'm checking to see if the Aux Deflector is a Science system, thus allowing me the primary repair ability on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm an engineer. I have moderate in a few other stats, but nothing to write home about (if we could write home anyway. I wish that subspace network was still working.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MandaBug
United States
Starkville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Engineering reporting in. Busy in a jefferies tube at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
praisechick wrote:
Busy in a jefferies tube at the moment.

I'm going to have to add this to my sounds dirty but probably isn't list.. I'll report in. Science officer Andrew Karkarov reporting. Will be checking for anomalies throughout the ship. I would help repair but I must have failed anything but science at the academy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [44] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.