Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember prior to the release of 2.0 that there was some discussion/wishful thinking that the new maps should contain more land area than many of the previous maps since most of the units in the old armies were land units. Sure almost every army has some sort of sea unit but all except the Barbarians Viking unit were Chaos units in limited supply. This made it difficult on large map set-ups (say 6 or more) to avoid areas of water hindering movement to significant areas of the map. I just saw the new 2.0 map pictures that were uploaded and it looks like all of them have significant regions of water on them. I also recall a picture of the expansion labels that showed an elven ship. Has anyone seen enough of the expansions to notice if it looks like all armies will now contain a standard unit that is a ship? Another thing I noticed about the new maps is that the land regions are fragmented by waterways and mountains making maneuver on land difficult. There are also a lot of choke points creating good defensive positions so turtling kind of worries me a bit. Has anyone experimented with 2.0 enough to get a feel for whether this alters the feel of the game significantly? I haven't yet had a chance to look at the new 2.0 rules nor any of the scenarios. Is there anything in the new rules which which would affect any of this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
With the stacking limits and hexside limits now determined by the type of terrain making up the hex, the whole game has changed! You're right about the choke points, though.

And so far, with our base 2.0 set and one booster, the barbarian army has their viking ships, and there is one chaos unit that is a boat (a Trireme), but otherwise there is nary a sailing vessel to be found!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.