4 Posts

Cyclades» Forums » General

Subject: Help, two of the soldiers are stuck together! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
I just picked up Cyclades and all the soldiers and boats seem to be in good shape, some slight bending of the sails and some spearpoints put them in the right position.

However, two red soldiers seem to be stuck together. Maybe the mold for each color differs for some players, but its the soldier shape with the short sword and rectangular shield raised in front of him.

The sword of one is stuck to the other's elbow.

What would be the best way to seperate the two with minimum damage?
Whats the best tool for that?

I figured to ask here first before trying something. My first gues is a small knife but maybe someone has a better idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhalius wrote:
I just picked up Cyclades and all the soldiers and boats seem to be in good shape, some slight bending of the sails and some spearpoints put them in the right position.

However, two red soldiers seem to be stuck together. Maybe the mold for each color differs for some players, but its the soldier shape with the short sword and rectangular shield raised in front of him.

The sword of one is stuck to the other's elbow.

What would be the best way to seperate the two with minimum damage?
Whats the best tool for that?

I figured to ask here first before trying something. My first gues is a small knife but maybe someone has a better idea.

Try dropping them in hot water so they are a bit more pliable. I assume it is excess glue causing the issue? You can try tugging at them and see how solid the bond is - maybe use a dull butter knife to wedge them a part a bit.

If that doesn't work, take a sharp hobby knife and cut them apart at the bond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
thanks, that did seem to work with the hobby knife. Both soldiers seem fine too. Tip of one's sword is a little odd, but can blame that on him having used it so much that it chipped a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dariusz Hanuszewicz
Ireland
flag msg tools
"Help, two of the soldiers are stuck together!" I am sorry but that title reduced me to tears But then again its a game about ancient Greeks and so on, so it should not be that much of surprise, ahem ahem whistle All right, I will leave now with my inappropriate jokes Happy gaming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.