Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few months ago I created a geeklist about my son's and my forays into dexterity games. We still love them! Of course, the first recommendation of a new one to get was Crokinole. However, the cost was prohibitive enough and I was loath to clear it with the wife :-)

Well, now times have changed and it looks like a new board is coming in my future. I was looking at a Hilinski board. They have two available right now..."Awake Before Dawn" which is a very nice looking board wood tones, and "Pernicious", an all black board that just looks neat!

The only issue I have right now is that I could also get a Muzzies board, and because of currency issues, even shipped it is cheaper than the Hilinski ones...

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Birder
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Love my Hilinski board and the fact that's in made in the USA (PA). Not sure of the price difference, and only have experience with Hilinski, but they are excellent boards. Enjoy whichever you decide on. Oh, and now that you've announced they have a couple for sale they won't last long. Better jump if you decide on one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Willard Pro whistle

Seriously, though... Muzzies, Hilsinki, Willard...all top-notch boards. Go with what you think looks best, or is cheapest, depending on your priority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amerynth

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have never regretted purchasing my Hilinski board (very similar to the Awake Before Dawn one.) Even though I haven't had a ton of time to game in the last couple of years (young kids) I still look at the thing and smile every time. It was really worth every penny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Before you do anything check out LeisureCraftWoodwork on Etsy. I took a risk on going outside the standard merchandisers and bought from this guy out of Ontario (Crokinole capital of the world). Superb quality, very competitive price for what you get and I now own an heirloom board. Check him out and send him an email if you have any questions. He'll answer you I'm sure just as he did me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Labelle
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Muzzies and I ordered a second one. What more can I say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermes Padilla
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my board directly from Willard Boards in Canada two months ago. I love it, amazing craftsmanship, great communication, excellent shipping packing. You would not regret it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Berger
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
KD:M!!!!!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have a Willard Pro board (Had a Mayday for a few weeks but sold it for an upgrade). Because I live in Israel I had almost no choice at all.
Neither Hilinski nor Muzzies could not be shipped to me. Willard was very kind and found a great way to ship my board by sea at a very affordable price.

I have to say that despite my lack of choice, I couldn't be happier with my board. It's beautiful, very fast and it makes such a beautifulsound when the pieces fall to the ditch!

I have to play on other boards yet, but for now, I'm very happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diarmud wrote:
A few months ago I created a geeklist about my son's and my forays into dexterity games. We still love them! Of course, the first recommendation of a new one to get was Crokinole. However, the cost was prohibitive enough and I was loath to clear it with the wife :-)

Well, now times have changed and it looks like a new board is coming in my future. I was looking at a Hilinski board. They have two available right now..."Awake Before Dawn" which is a very nice looking board wood tones, and "Pernicious", an all black board that just looks neat!

The only issue I have right now is that I could also get a Muzzies board, and because of currency issues, even shipped it is cheaper than the Hilinski ones...

Any thoughts?

I did it!

Awake Before Dawn is mine...arriving next week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diarmud wrote:
Diarmud wrote:

Any thoughts?

I did it!

Awake Before Dawn is mine...arriving next week!

The board arrived today. The Hilinski brothers do some fantastic work. The board looks good and the disks just glide over the surface. I couldn't be happier. My son and I will play tonight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.