Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is based on Oda Nobunaga a major Daimyo in Medieval Japan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oda_Nobunaga

One of features that drew me to this game is it is a great introduction to a historical period, that I would suggest, is not a period well known in the western world. Also I think it looks fantastic and the components look great.

Ease and Depth of Play
As with Warriors of God this is an easy game to pick up but has the complexity to keep interest in the game for a long time. I easily see this game being played over 20 years and still getting satisfaction and thrills out of discovering new ways to play.

Wargame with a difference
OK being new to wargames, for all I know there is probably a plethora of wargames that do not have a front and have turncoats creating variability in turns and reflection on tactics. But I don't know of any so this has attracted me greatly to this game.

Also it uses a point-to-point map with a unique system that seems to be difficult to describe, which really piques my interest. Basically it has a CDG feel but without the cards and is achieved through a chit draw mechanism that allows or creates some variable movement.

Another great addition to any collection. A unique system of a period not well known in Western countries

Do yourself another favour and use the link below to preorder this fantastic game

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/preorder/viewGame.php?id=3...

and to wet your appetite here are some images

[IMG]http://www.caterpillargames.com.au/nnf/gl_AMDT map.jpg[/IMG]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That top Azai unit isn't from Most Dangerous Time BTW...

Sure is a fun game. Playing the 4 player variant today at my club. I will try and take a few pictures to show off.

Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam-I have removed that Azai unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran another test of the 4 player version yesterday....Tomoki Kondo had some great ideas to try and a new look at it (basically 3 Oda player factions against one anti-Oda player)...

Still having some downtime problems where some players are sitting around too long...need to fix that...

Anyway, stil completely charmed by the game. I played the Anti-Oda player and was driving on my victory hex from several sides...Oda players are shaking their heads...defeat is coming...

And like a thunder bolt, the game turned on a dime...Tekada died (stalling my attacks from the east), an important temple is burned down by Oda allowing Oda to completely outflank my attack from the north and My attacks from the west are defeated in a great field battle...

Amazing game...

Playing it two player today...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Why should you preorder this wonderful game? Let me expl
ready here for testing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam-in the four player 3 vs 1 scenario, what is the potential to have the three work out their moves together and then enact their moves in order but obviously faster. This would limit the downtime as the anti-oda player would be continually thinking how to address the tactics offered. I assume the downtime during the anti-oda player would be not an issue.

I say all this and am probably completely off the mark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Neil - something to look at if I can't make this work more traditionally...

We were next going to try using two cups instead of one...alternating draws...might do weird things but keeps the essence of the game for now....

Edit: Oh, also, putting some time constraints on the Oda players...have to win by turn 20 type thing....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternating draws is a good idea and forces players to either have solid tactics or take risks which adds to the tension. Limiting the game is also a good idea but obviously has to be balanced against the feeling of still wanting to accomplish something but time running out. I have found that limiting time works well with diminshing resources as it creates that feeling of "Your running out of time". That being said I suppose you lose it if you don't use it also works but could frustrate some players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Urbani
Italy
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm attracted by this game. I just preordered it. I browsed the MMP website for infos and it didn't mention that the game could be a 4-player's game. This is very attractive because I rather prefer a "Sword of Rome" (GMT) approach to games (multiplayer wargames) than the usual 1-1 versions. If you have any contacts in MMP please let them know that the game has a 4-player version and tell them to advertise this in the game's preorder page. This info should boost up preorders and give an earlier birth to AMDT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be my first pre-ordered title from MMP. I've not played any of the Nakamura games yet, but the more I read, the more I'm interested in trying them out. After I get clear of the holiday bills, I think I'll be picking up FiTS and AVL too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.