Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: A tyrant question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confuse ]d by the mood cards of the tyrant

It says "when This come into play perform basic action", cool , and then after the ! There's another attack that says "at the start of the monster turn ..." , does that mean the Tyrant perform the attack after the basic action if the condition is met ? Or is it for the next monster turns?

Any ideas ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dying Tickles
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The exclamations are conditional actions. So every time that condition is met (in this case, the monster starts its turn), the rest of the stuff in that part of the card is done. So if the "perform basic action" is above the exclamation mark portion, then that is not done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Pierson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I would say that the basic action is used only when the mood is drawn, and since you draw the AI card during the monster's turn, it does not perform the second attack on the same turn the mood was drawn since it has already passed the "start of turn" phase of the monster turn. The mood stays in play, so at the start of every monster turn after the turn the mood was drawn, perform the second attack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit
Netherlands
Broek op Langedijk
flag msg tools
Luke is right, when you draw the card, you perform basic action and you trigger the other part of the card at the start of the next turn, if the condition is met (usually a condition on the portals). I see this mechanic as spell casting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it's one where you get a regular hit, then a minimum of a turn to either harp it off or prevent it, then it'll go off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.