Popular Tags: [View All]
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A question about Civilization: This discovery yields gold, but the exploring captain must stay there until the next era. Is there any way to retrieve him except by doing a "Consolidate" action? Since the captain cannot migrate, I see no other way to get him back on board of a ship.

If I got that right, what would Planck do in this case? Would "Consolidate" go up to priority 1 for him (for this world only) to get his captain back?

BTW, here is Planck on a pre-€ German gold piece coin:

Pretty capable fellow, both in the game and in reality!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can send a ship without a Captain to collect him in a future turn. A ship does not have to sail from the Old World with a captain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
You can send a ship without a Captain to collect him in a future turn. A ship does not have to sail from the Old World with a captain.

Exactly. That would be more or less the Consolidate action, only without bringing settlers. Civs are not as splendid as they look at first glance
As for Planck, I decided his first priority would be to get his captain back. Seems to make sense.
Thanks for the fast reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
at the end of a turn, a captain can always walk from where he is to the boat so long as there is a chain of your settlements connecting the captain to the boat, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
at the end of a turn, a captain can always walk from where he is to the boat so long as there is a chain of your settlements connecting the captain to the boat, right?

This is how I Understand it, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
at the end of a turn, a captain can always walk from where he is to the boat so long as there is a chain of your settlements connecting the captain to the boat

I think so, yes. My question assumed that there is no such chain. And it seems clear that in that case you will have to send a ship to pick him up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.