Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Trains: Rising Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: station expansion, in a city anywhere or only where you have a token? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, just learning the game, when you build a station expansion, can you build in a city anywhere on the board or only cities where you have one of your tokens,e.g. place an expansion in a city where you know your not going but somewhere where your opponent is heading, forcing them tp pay more? not sure if its worth doing, but i just wondered what the exact rule is. thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Hi, just learning the game, when you build a station expansion, can you build in a city anywhere on the board or only cities where you have one of your tokens,e.g. place an expansion in a city where you know your not going but somewhere where your opponent is heading, forcing them tp pay more? not sure if its worth doing, but i just wondered what the exact rule is. thank you.

You can put the stations on any city on the board regardless of which player is in the city.
However there is a maximum of stations per city that you cannot exceed.

I don't think you will ever want to place a station for your opponent, thats like giving them free points in my experience.

The most critical strategy of this game is to follow opponents into cities they have already built up, gaining a lot less waste and paying 1 big lump sum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:

The rules don't say anything about where you are allowed to build a station. However, as jooice said, building a station in a city that you know you're not heading (even if you are heading there but you're not there yet and someone else is going there) is a bad move.
The essential thing in this game is trying to build stations where you are the only one there and try to get point by entering on city where the others one had already build in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soulblight
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can build a station to make it more expensive for your opponent to lay rails into a city, but paying 2 gold for 2 points is a good rate, and paying 3 gold for 4 points is an amazing rate. Just keep in mind that you're giving them points that really aren't that difficult to acquire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.