Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Pasquinelli
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how does exactly work a melee attack without a weapon?
I have the game in italian and the rules aren't clear. Do i use a green+yellow die, count the damage and then add + 2damage if i have a surge? or I only add damage if i have a surge? And how many surges can i use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It works exactly like any other melee attack. You can use 1 surge to add extra damage and 1 surge to recover strain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
It works exactly like any other melee attack. You can use 1 surge to add extra damage and 1 surge to recover strain.

The
: 2mb is only available if you pass the
test though.

So,
- Declare attack with a valid target (must be adjacent hostile figure)).
- Perform
test. If it gets at least one success (
),
: 2mb is available during spend surges step.
- Roll dice, 1 green, 1 yellow and the appropriate defense die/dice.
perform the rest of the attack steps in order. Also the hero's
: recover 1
ability is usable.

Abilities in the hero's sheet and class cards that are not item cards can be used if they refer to attack or melee attack. (But not the ones that refer to attacks performed with a weapon.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Pasquinelli
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok thanks. It seems they don't need weapons after all, they are killing machines ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pasquy wrote:
ok thanks. It seems they don't need weapons after all, they are killing machines ninja

It's simply a way to simulate a melee attack using the weapons we've all had since birth (hands, feets, knees, elbows, head, etc...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pasquy wrote:

Green + Yellow, especially for characters who aren't likely to pass the strength test to get the surge ability, does not exactly make a killing machine. Without the surge ability, it's not even likely to take out a Stormtrooper in one hit!

Fortunately the mission rules do require the heroes to go get their weapons back, so any silliness shouldn't last too long. Nice to let the wookiee have a good excuse to rip someone's arms off, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.